Rena Kubota vs. Dóra Perjés
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Francesco Ghigliotti
Satoshi Ishii vs. Heath Herring
Reina Miura vs. Alpha Female
Yusuke Yachi vs. Daron Cruickshank
Saori Ishioka vs. Bestare Kicaj
Kanna Asakura vs. Aleksandra Toncheva
Kizaemon Saiga vs. Seiichiro Ito

My MMA knowledge isn't really deep enough to recognise most of the names on there. What's interesting to me though is the debut of Horiguchi. He left the UFC on a 3 fight win streak, from a division that was already shallow. It was widely accepted that his shot at DJ came too early and he's looked great since. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Edit: Is buying the online PPV the only way to watch Rizin in the UK?

Edited by Chunk

• Paid Members

Yeh online PPV is the only way.

I need to do some research because you usually find there's some interesting fighters on these cards from all sorts of backgrounds. The main core of the card seems to be regular Rizin guys though so they seem to be building a stable roster. Kawajiri returning to Japan will be pretty cool too.

Heath Herring returns! I half expected New Years Eve to be his final fight, hopefully he comes in better prepared.

Ive been absolute shite at keeping up recently, ive had too much stuff on. I will try and catch this though.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm a fan of Horiguchi. I can see him ending up back in the UFC somewhere down the line and at least challenging for the title again. If Mighty Mouse has moved up by then, or hits some unforeseen decline, I could even see Horiguchi winning the title at some point. 

I probably won't watch this. Not all of it anyway. I'll cherry pick the fights I like the sound of and try finding them online somewhere. 

Who the fuck is Alpha Female? 

Alpha Female is a female pro wrestler, Wand. Has worked all over the show, including a stint in TNA. She's now a semi-regular over in WxW in Germany. She's had an interesting as fuck life. Alongside her MMA and Wrestling career, she's featured on A League of Their Own, Don't Tell The Bride and Sing If You Can! No idea if she's got any sort of MMA background or expertise though, should be interesting to see. Imagine her vs Lei'D Tapa!

11 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Alpha Female is a female pro wrestler, Wand. Has worked all over the show, including a stint in TNA. She's now a semi-regular over in WxW in Germany. She's had an interesting as fuck life. Alongside her MMA and Wrestling career, she's featured on A League of Their Own, Don't Tell The Bride and Sing If You Can! No idea if she's got any sort of MMA background or expertise though, should be interesting to see. Imagine her vs Lei'D Tapa!

She also challenged Gabi Garcia to a fight after Garcia fought (and won) on the New Years Eve Rizin card last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not sure if this made it in here or not but Nathaniel Wood has a shot at the vacant Batamweight Cage Warriors belt at the London show in June. Opponent announced as Marko Kovacevic. Never heard of him but he's 9-1 as a pro with 8 finishes.

C9sYUXmXcAA-STs[1].jpg

• Paid Members

I'll be checking that, im falling so far behind at the moment though, im yet to watch the Pimblett show. I'll catch up.

There's a decent looking Cage Warriors in Newport coming headlined by Che Mills/Lewis Long too. I should really attend, it's literally a 20 minute drive from my house.

Mills-vs.-Long-Header.jpeg?fit=700,990

WSOF is no more after 2017, they become the Professional Fighters League, which is basically 7 division, they fight for a season, then the fighters with the highest score goes through to the play offs and then finals, with the winner getting $1million

I hate shit like this, I don't mind 8 man tournaments but but guys barely fight 3 times a year, your probably looking at 7-8 fights a year. Its has a $10 million budget, with each of the 7 winners getting  $1 million and  $3 million for the rest of the roster.

NBCSN deal is done in. 2017

Edited by the_mole
Spelling

• Paid Members

dunno if anyone noticed, but Ali Bagautinov had his first post-UFC fight over the weekend in Russia and got sparked cold by Tyson Nam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KObkf_jfKwU

Nam being the guy who KO'd Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas a few years ago in a random fight Dantas took outside of the promotion. Nam doesn't mind an upset.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The biggest MMA show in European MMA history goes down on Saturday.

358KSW39_media2_www.jpg

KSW Colosseum. Over 31,000 tickets sold. It's being held at the national stadium in Poland.

The actual card is full of the KSW regulars, Khaldidov, Pudz, Popek etc. Few other notables on there like Norman Parke, Sokodjou.

Fair play to them :cool:

One FC is Friday too, notable because it marks the return of Ben Askren.

170526-SG-apactix-1360x460px-003386898d.

i think we can close the book on Askren ever fighting in the UFC.

Edited by Egg Shen

Askren contract runs out in January and he wants more fights, I don't think he's happy in One, their CEO laughably said they would never sign Conor (they couldn't afford him anyway) because of his antics, he mentioned Askren & Phil Baroni as examples why not, yet he has Aoki fighting for him but Conor isn't honourable enough for him