Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Just to confirm where I stand in case I'm being misunderstood. I'm not complaining at all about MMA threads, I don't mind them being on the main forum whatsoever.

What I meant was, for the people who do seem to mind then it would surely be better for the posts to be in their own sub-forum. Then people who didn't want to read MMA stuff could choose not to and the regular MMA posters wouldn't feel like they had to watch how much MMA stuff they were posting.

What I don't get is the fact that people who don't want to read MMA stuff don't have to, it's as simple as not clicking the thread. The thread is clearly marked "fighting promotion", would it not make sense for people who aren't interested in MMA just to click a thread they are interested in instead of clicking something just to whine about it? There is no need for a sub-forum and no need for all the arguments about it, it's pure childish.

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members
MMAJunkie are reporting that Bellator have a press conference scheduled for Monday, where they will announce the signing of Roger Huerta for their Lightweight tournament. Apparently he was released from his UFC contract, and that will enable him to sign with Bellator.

Huerta vs Alvarez? Yes please.

The long-expected non-title fight between Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez (19-2 MMA, 3-0 BFC) and UFC veteran/recent signee Josh Neer (27-9-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) now has a date.

While a guest on today's edition of MMAjunkie.com Radio, Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said the fight takes place May 6 at Bellator 17.

Bellator announced last month that the fight was being targeted for a May card, though an exact date wasn't mentioned. It's now set for the Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theatre in Boston, which is a half day's drive from Alvarez's Philadelphia home.

As with all the organization's shows, Bellator 17 airs live on FOX Sports Net, and highlights packages air the following weekend on NBC and Telemundo.

Source: MMAjunkie.com

There was talk that Judo Jim was considering a move to 155. What happened to that? Paging kainer2... paging kainer2.

..and as if by magic

Met up with Jimmy at AMMA on Saturday and he was walking at around 93kg (205lbs)

There was some preliminary interest from the WEC last November about Jimmy fighting there at 155lbs, but it didn't pan out. Then before you know it we managed to get in with Bellator and we signed terms just before Xmas to fight in the 170lbs tourney

I think he has a good chance in the tourney and i'm really looking forward to their second season. I was lucky enough to go to their season finale last year and it was a good show. I think this season they have really upped their game PR wise and i really hope they can put it off.

And i really do think this is Jimmy's time

Edited by kainer2

Chicago-area fighter Pat Curran (9-3 MMA, 0-0 BFC) is the eighth and final competitor booked for Bellator Fighting Championships' upcoming season-two lightweight tournament.

Bellator officials today announced the signing.

Curran competes in an opening-round tournament matchup on April 15 at Bellator 14, though his opponent and other tourney pairings

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bellator have agreed on an international distribution deal to air their footage worldwide.Really pleased about this.

With Bellator's second season rapidly approaching, the budding fight promotion has partnered with Engine Entertainment to handle its international distribution.

While Bellator has already partnered with Fox Sports Net, NBC and Telemundo in the U.S., as well as The Score in Canada, Engine Entertainment will handle the distribution outside of those two countries.

Engine Enteratinment will handle the distribution for all 24 of Bellator's live events in 2010, as well as any additional premium pay-per-view events that the promotion produces.

The deal also calls for Engine Entertainment to handle the distribution of Bellator's 12 previously aired shows from 2009.

"Bellator is very pleased to be working with Engine Entertainment

Bellator Fighting Championships middleweight titleholder Hector Lombard will collide with former World Extreme Cagefighting champion Paulo Filho in a non-title matchup on May 13, the tournament-based promotion announced on Tuesday. A venue for the event, Bellator