Jon Venables back in prison

Mr. Seven

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted just for the spectacular idiocy of this general, sweeping statement. :thumbsup:

I'm waiting on him saying that the mentally challenged should be held completely accountable for any criminal actions they commit as well.

They get put down if they bite someone, don't they?

• Paid Members
Secondly, Regarding 'do gooders'/'rights' of criminals and forgetting that toddlers have been killed. Please can you show evidence of this using this thread, or are you refering specifcally to the mythical 'they or them!'

This is exactly what I wanted to say. He's taken the media view and decided it applies here, even though that isn't the angle most have taken.

Quoted just for the spectacular idiocy of this general, sweeping statement. :thumbsup:

I'm waiting on him saying that the mentally challenged should be held completely accountable for any criminal actions they commit as well.

They get put down if they bite someone, don't they?

Didn't we used to keep them in cages or is that just Kazakhstan?

Incidentally, if you're calling for the parents/guardians to be prosecuted: do you believe that Denise Fergus should have been prosecuted for leaving her son alone outside a butchers while she shopped inside?

Good god could you imagine the outrage if someone dared to ask that?

Seriously though even now I still see children around the same age as Venables and Thompson running wild in the streets and as for the age of criminal responsability there is a vast difference between knowing right from wrong and understanding the consequenses.

Looking back at my childhood I am still shocked by some of the things I did at one time I actually threw a family member down the stairs for getting on my nerves.

We laughed about it years later but looking back it could have been a lot more serious.

Incidentally, if you're calling for the parents/guardians to be prosecuted: do you believe that Denise Fergus should have been prosecuted for leaving her son alone outside a butchers while she shopped inside?

We couldn't have that.

We would have to look at prosecution for Madeleine McCanns parents as well, wouldn't we? That wouldn't wash with the "voices of the people" on our news stands every day.

We couldn't have that.

We would have to look at prosecution for Madeleine McCanns parents as well, wouldn't we? That wouldn't wash with the "voices of the people" on our news stands every day.

I have always loved how the dirt rags and the media in general exploded the second the McCann's were implicated in Maddie's dissapearence.

Raven, what the "do gooders" here on this forum fail to realise is that they have became caught up so much with things like the "rights" of criminals, so much so that these days they forget that Venables tortured a toddler to death.

Get a grip you tit.

I'm hardly what you can call a "do gooder", but to say that anyone is forgetting what Venables done is nonsense.

Fergus is speaking on matters she really knows nothing about, and the tabloid press are only too happy to offer her a platform in order to sell newspapers.

The bottom line is, Venables has served his time for the murder of Bulger, and had been released with certain conditions, and rightly so.

His current situation however, has absolutely fuck all to do with Fergus or any other member of the public.

It's as simple as that really.

Venables & Thompson take a two year old child, strike him in the head with a metal pipe, pour blue paint into his eye, insert a battery into his anus and leave his dead body to look like it was hit by a train. But according to some posters here that episode of events is nothing compared to Denise Fergus appearing on "This Morning". :rolleyes:

1st off I'm all for the death sentence not for 10 year olds but yeah if it's 100% proven than the person/s did it then why not as we don't have it I feel certain crimes life should mean life if you murder when your 10 and are still alive when your 100 you should still be in prison

We couldn't have that.

We would have to look at prosecution for Madeleine McCann's parents as well, wouldn't we? That wouldn't wash with the "voices of the people" on our news stands every day.

I do agree with this both cases the parents should accept some of the blame if they hadn't of left them then there wouldn't of been a chance they would of been kidnapped though in the case of Venables and Thompson I think they would of just killed another kid even if they took it out of a garden when the parent nipped inside for a few moments.

In the McCann case I don't like them at all they even used it to become celebrities (why the hell were they in the US looking)whilst i don't think they did anything to Maddie I do think there is somethings they are lying about such as they went back to check every half hour (they shouldn't of left her alone at all plus the hotel had a babysitting services ) I think it was more like they went out on the piss up and went back many hours later I wouldn't be surprised if what happened is Maddie woke up and went looking for them she was about 4 so she could of got out of the door and got kidnapped when she was wondering about the streets

Who are these posters you talk about Glen?

Presumably they are the same posters who are so concerned with the rights of the criminals that they forget what happened to James Bulger. Hence Glen's need to detail everything the toddler suffered.

I read this article in today's Times over my scrambled eggs and bagel this morning and it certainly puts an alternative spin on the absurd suggestion on here that there should be no criminal age of responsibility in Britain:

Our attitude to kids shows we need to grow up

Imagine this, since we

Edited by InvertedSmiley

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/mar/07/j...fessed-identity

James Bulger killer Jon Venables confessed real identity to strangers as mental state crumbled

Prison staff fear an attack by other inmates as it is revealed that pressure of keeping his name and background secret led James Bulger's murderer to fights, and drink and drug abuse

Jon Venables, one of the killers of the Liverpool toddler James Bulger, had descended into a "persistent state of self-disclosure" in which he felt compelled to tell others his real identity in the months before his return to prison, the Observer has been told.The 27-year-old's mental state had become so fragile that he would regularly reveal his identity to strangers