Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

I like to think my finger is firmly on the pulse of modern music. It seems to be one of the few things I'm actually knowledgeable on. But who the fuck are Imagine Dragons and Walk The Moon?

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As it’s the end of the decade it means a lot of lists are doing the rounds, which admittedly are pointless. Would love to know the criteria for this one though

QMWDlqh.jpg

I don't know what's happened here, as we play Absolute Radio all night at work, and I've STILL only heard 4 of these songs.

Edit: I've just skimmed through Thunder and Believer by Imagine Dragons. I hope they all fucking die.

Edited by SuperBacon
Imagine Dragons are worse than Maroon 5

I associate Imagine Dragons and Twenty One Pilots with all that music WWE use now for the big shows. There's a sort of mix of all genres thing going on in there, with none of them being particularly prominent. 

Kevin_Rudolf.jpg

There's usually someone who looks like this doing a guitar solo in the video at the precise moment you can't really hear any guitars at all, and you're left all puzzled and old man yells at cloud to what the fuck is going on. Kind of like those tunes where people pop up to tell you how it's all about the bass, and fire up the bass etc even though they're always the most tinny, treble heavy songs going. 

I'll listen to anything if there's a bit of atmosphere in the production, but all this stuff seems stonewalled to give the brightest, flattest sound on as many cheap earbuds as possible so I've never got it. 

The term 'rock' is as interchangeable as 'pop' in terms of what exactly it means, though, so I wouldn't worry about that. If they show up in a Best of Grindcore chart I'll raise a brow. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I'm sure nobody cares but this was my top 20 of the year. A good year for death metal I thought and a disappointment with regards to synthwave stuff.

• Aggressive Perfector¬†- Havoc at the Midnight Hour
  • Alcest¬†- Spiritual Instinct
  • Atlantean Kodex¬†- The Course of Empire
  • Bewitcher - Under the Witching Cross
  • Birdflesh - Extreme Graveyard Tornado
  • (DOLCH) - Feuer
  • Fvneral Fvkk¬†- Carnal Confessions
  • Goatchrist¬†- Pythagoras
  • Gost¬†- Valediction
  • Green Lung¬†- Woodland Rites
  • Lingua Ignota¬†- Caligula
  • Nightfell¬†- A Sanity Deranged
  • Noisem¬†- Cease to Exist
  • Obsequiae¬†- The Palms of Sorrowed Kings
  • Ossuarium¬†- Living Tomb
  • Schammasch¬†- Hearts of No Light
  • S√ľhnopfer¬†- Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes
  • Smoulder¬†- Times of Obscene Evil and Wild Daring
  • Tomb Mold¬†- Planetary Clairvoyance
  • Vacivus¬†- Annihilism

Turnstile have had 3 of their tracks remixed by Mall Grab (nope, me neither but he's apparently an Aussie house producer)

Well, they are all absolutely banging but Yes I Need My Generator is the stand out. Cannot wait for their new album this year. Time & Space was one of the stand outs of the decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrfXJaV1VxM

Is pepper keenan in corrosion of conformity at the moment or not? I see they are playing in London in May. I've always wanted to see them. I saw them once when he wasn't in the band and they played loads of their punk-y stuff that's rubbish and only one song that I recognised.

The new Poppy album is angering and exploding "true" metalheads heads like Babymetal did, it's pretty decent too although I prefer the more industrial dancey stuff from her Choke EP.

Don't know if many of you have heard but bring me the horizon have been nominated for a brit award in the best band category

Jesus remember when they said they hated the mainstream media and how it was all bullshit. Yeah I remember too