Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Kerrang! bringing the goods with this list.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/the-12-most-underrated-albums-of-the-90s/

The Kerbdog, Handsome & Everclear records are already favorite of mine. Few albums there i need to checkout though, the writers taste seems to be very similar to mine.

That Kerbdog record is bloody brilliant. Only heard it a few years back. They were a one of the highlights when I saw them at 2000 Trees a couple of years ago. 

Great list though. I’d have included L. Ron by Barkmarket if it was up to me. 

That was fantastic, it sounded like it had all the crescendos from every song on The Ark Work in the first 2 minutes. 

I absolutely bum Liturgy though, Hunter Hunt Hendrix's more electronic side protect Kel Valhaal had a great album/ep too.

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The Kerbdog, Handsome & Everclear records are already favorite of mine.

Don't know if it's your thing, or if you knew anyway, but the singer is doing some of those "Intimate acoustic storyteller" type gigs.  Here is the Manchester one. 

https://www.list.co.uk/event/1376988-art-alexakis/54851-night-and-day-manchester/ 

18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don't know if it's your thing, or if you knew anyway, but the singer is doing some of those "Intimate acoustic storyteller" type gigs.  Here is the Manchester one. 

https://www.list.co.uk/event/1376988-art-alexakis/54851-night-and-day-manchester/ 

I didnt know about them, i knew he had a solo record coming though. Cheers for the headsup Keith.

Weezer, Green Day and Fall Out Boy have announced a joint world tour together next year with dates in London, Glasgow, Dublin and most amazingly Huddersfield. 

I already feel like a great story can be made from me travelling to Huddersfield in 2019 to see these 3 but I'm psyched to be able to see all 3. 

I would have jumped at the chance to see that tour 15 years ago. 

In other news, Black Futures are my new favourite band. One half of them is Space, who most recently produced Jamie Lenman and IDLES last two records. 

They're like Nine Inch Nails in sunglasses and a leather jacket

On 9/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, Shy Dad said:

Weezer, Green Day and Fall Out Boy have announced a joint world tour together next year with dates in London, Glasgow, Dublin and most amazingly Huddersfield. 

I already feel like a great story can be made from me travelling to Huddersfield in 2019 to see these 3 but I'm psyched to be able to see all 3. 

If each band would play specific-era material it would be pretty special. There's still a chance i may go but im not that arsed. Weezer will never top the headline show i saw them do at Wembley Arena a few years back and i can take or leave Green Day/Fall Out Boy at this point. That tour is gonna do big business though.

Wondered what that Threatin guy was up to these days, if anything, so I popped onto his Twitter and saw this:

He announced the gig 10 months in advance, all the way back in January! I wonder if he'll actually go through with it when he struggles to get a band together and to sell tickets.

The best bit about it all is that his Twitter bio says "The Only Truly Rebellious Figure in Rock Music Today".

57 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i imagine him turning up alone and playing to a backing track.

Thing is, I can imagine the show selling well with people going to watch it “ironically”. Wasn’t he claiming he’d sold the story to be made into a movie aswell? Either he created the greatest swindle ever created or he’s a lying delusional idiot