The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 4 weeks later...

That's a bag of shite, it sounds like a teenager's attempt at being "random" by haphazardly mixing a couple of styles together.

If I wanna listen to something batshit I'll play Sete Star Sept, at least there's an organic charm to their madness.

I'm relistening to a lot of Alcest and when they're at their best they are easily one of the best metal acts around, the most recent album Kodama is fucking stellar and is right up there as a great regardless of genre. Shelter was an odd little misstep as the metallers were put off by the lack of metal and the post-rock/shoegazers saw it as subpar and tbf it was a pretty lackluster Sigur Ros tribute album, I'm sure it was even produced by someone who worked with SR.

Me and my Spotify Discover Weekly are going to fall out. It's thrown some great stuff at me in the past, but two weeks ago it decided I might want to listen to some Creed, and the most recent one had fucking Mortiis in it. Ive listened to alot of stuff over the years and I'm not afraid to admit I've listened to some absolute shockers along the way, but Mortiis is easily the worst musician I've ever heard

I've got Doug Aldrich (The Dead Daisies, ex-Whitesnake) on the show this evening, alongside a stack of new & classic tracks.

It'll be live on the TuneIn app on your smart-device, or from the website - http://www.therockshowlive.com - from 8pm UK, plus our simulcast affiliates worldwide.