The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Thats the thing with Slayer, for what they are they're ace, but I like a little bit more out of a band to be one of my favourites. They're great to see live and bang your fuckin' head off, but I can't sit and listen to them for hours on end like I can with other bands. I'd have to go with Seasons or Raining as my favourites, but I can pick up any record really. Favourite songs is probably a better go point for me, I like Disciple, South Of Heaven, Angel of Death.

• Paid Members

ehhh, i kind of agree. Slayer have tried some different stuff, and when they did they got panned for it. Yet they are the same detractors that pan em for churning out the same stuff over and over.

Fuck it, i love Slayer!!!

Controversial opinion alert! Does anyone else reckon that Slayer are completely shit ?

:omg:

Slayer fucking rule. If you take the big 4 of thrash and i put em in order of how i like em, it goes:

Slayer

Anthrax

Metallica

Megadeth

so fuck y'all Slayer haters!!

i'm weird in that i got into the big 4 and weird times. I was a metal fan long before i became a Slayer & Anthrax fan (if you find that hard to believe). Before the internet it was easy to just skim over bands, and the big 4 were the ones i skimmed (except for perhaps Metallica, but everyone had heard The Black Album).

Megadeth are a band ive never really gotten into. I know i should give them a little more time, because i dont find them as instantly appealing as Slayer. I will download Rust In Peace though and give it my full attention.

Favorite Slayer albums people??? Reign In Blood is the popular choice, but for me it's Seasons In The Abyss & Christ Illusion. This kinda changes from month to month, but im sticking with them at the moment. Heck, i even love the Slayer albums your meant to hate (Diabolus In Musica, Divine Intervention).

SLAYER!!!

Atleast someone elsw who likes Christ Illusion. must people just say "its ok" or "nah the new slayer stuff is shit". I fucking the album. whats the new slayer album like? i m not the biggest slayer fan i only have region in blood,2 disc live album,Divine Intervention and Christ Illusion.

can i add dittohead is a class song on Divine Intervention

Blotted Science which is like Cannibal Corpse but without vocals..an instrumental band in other words they just make death metal sounding music.

It's not really death metal though, really, is it? And not at all like Cannibal Corpse. Apart from Alex Webster having been/still in Cannibal Corpse that's the only link. Blotted Science are a lot more technically efficient and more experimental and sound a hell of a lot cleaner. Have you tried any of Ron Jarzombek's other work? Spastic Ink, being a bit more widdly widdly than Blotted Science and then you have Watchtower, technical thrash from the tail end of the eighties.

Nice to know there are other fans of Blotted Science!

Here's a taster for those unfamiliar with his work.

Spastic Ink - Mad Data Race.

Watchtower - Instruments Of Random Murder.

I :love: Ron Jarzombek.

Re Slayer - Only done three good albums, Seasons, South Of Heaven and Reign In Blood. Seasons wins by a mile and for me Dead Skin Mask is the ultimate Slayer tune. :thumbsup:

Edited by tiger_driver

• Paid Members

Slayer are amazing, if I want to hear something that doesn't sound like Slayer I'll listen to another band, I don't mind the fact that all Slayer stuff sounds the same because it's all awesome!

OK guys Joey Belladonna era Anthrax VS John Bush era anthrax, discuss

For me it's all about Joey, I love all the stuff from that era, Spreading the disease is one of my favourite albums ever. His voice is perfect, definitely in my top 5 singers of all time.

John Bush can fuck off, for me it's not Anthrax.

Edited by Pritt Stick Licker

• Paid Members
Blotted Science which is like Cannibal Corpse but without vocals..an instrumental band in other words they just make death metal sounding music.

It's not really death metal though, really, is it? And not at all like Cannibal Corpse. Apart from Alex Webster having been/still in Cannibal Corpse that's the only link. Blotted Science are a lot more technically efficient and more experimental and sound a hell of a lot cleaner. Have you tried any of Ron Jarzombek's other work? Spastic Ink, being a bit more widdly widdly than Blotted Science and then you have Watchtower, technical thrash from the tail end of the eighties.

Nice to know there are other fans of Blotted Science!

Here's a taster for those unfamiliar with his work.

Spastic Ink - Mad Data Race.

Watchtower - Instruments Of Random Murder.

I :love: Ron Jarzombek.

Re Slayer - Only done three good albums, Seasons, South Of Heaven and Reign In Blood. Seasons wins by a mile and for me Dead Skin Mask is the ultimate Slayer tune. :thumbsup:

I have yet to do so but will now! And aye, poor description on my part, but I'm a fan none the less, and a fan of Alex Webster in general he's a fantastic bassist.

• Paid Members
OK guys Joey Belladonna era Anthrax VS John Bush era anthrax, discuss

For me it's all about Joey, I love all the stuff from that era, Spreading the disease is one of my favourite albums ever. His voice is perfect, definitely in my top 5 singers of all time.

John Bush can fuck off, for me it's not Anthrax.

John Bush all the way.

Sound Of White Noise is easily the best thing they ever did.

Poison My Eyes from the Last Action Hero soundtrack is fantastic too. :thumbsup: