Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

15 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

dont listen to the TNM Pod anymore but Ryan, who is one of the new hosts, is an excellent writer but maybe not suited to audio? Agreed riot act is a great listen.

yeh Ryan's the one. Not familiar with his writing but he's a tough listen.

10 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh Ryan's the one. Not familiar with his writing but he's a tough listen.

He runs a site called Track Seven which is really good and has had something’s in Rolling Stone and a few other big ones. Well worth a follow on Twitter and he handles bookings for Tufnell Dome and Boston Music Rooms.

Jonathan Davies is recording vocals for a new Korn album. His estranged wife recently passed away. He had a restraining order out against her due to her mental health, and didn’t want her near the kids. She died following an apparent accidental overdose. 

Can’t inagine this being anything less than classic route one emotional Davies, with his raw feelings fully on display. 

Album is due out this year, they’ve been announced as headliners for the Welcone to Rockwell and the Epicentre USA festivals.

I imagine they’ll be over here too, so if things don’t clash, they’re a potential fair shout for UK metal festivals.

Head has also stated they have a few tricks up their sleeve in regards to the new album that fans will apparently love.

I can only assume they’ve either got some familiar special guests involved, or possibly a rework of some Korn classics.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Just booked tickets for Leeds. The run of Turnstile – Cancer Bats – The Bronx – Gallows is tremendous. Add to that The Interrupters, Millencollin & The Menzingers and it’s pretty much the perfect one-dayer for me. I just hope the clashes aren’t too horrendous.

Belting festival, that. I'm in for Glassjaw, Turnstile, Angel Du$t, The Menzingers, Saves The Day, Bad Religion, NOFX and the Get Up Kids. I've never seen Anti Flag before so that'd be cool, too. The chances of seeing all of that are slim to none. There is enough fluff on there that I'm hoping the clashes aren't too bad.

Hotel booked for Leeds as all the good places were starting to fill up, just the actual ticket left to get. Line Up is looking better than last years for sure.

18 hours ago, SuperstarNeilC said:

This fucker is so addictive

It's an absolute monster of a track, that. It was usually my piss break song when I was DJing metal nights, too.

20 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Belting festival, that. I'm in for Glassjaw, Turnstile, Angel Du$t, The Menzingers, Saves The Day, Bad Religion, NOFX and the Get Up Kids. I've never seen Anti Flag before so that'd be cool, too. The chances of seeing all of that are slim to none. There is enough fluff on there that I'm hoping the clashes aren't too bad.

the days gonna be a nightmare for clashes. Has anyone ever been before? hows walking between stages?

Im also hoping that the quality across all 3 stages and how all 3 appeal to a different set of fans means that it wont be utterly rammed all day. 

oh and earlier in the month, this looks lovely:

5c3efbefb775b.jpg

36 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

the days gonna be a nightmare for clashes. Has anyone ever been before? hows walking between stages?

Im also hoping that the quality across all 3 stages and how all 3 appeal to a different set of fans means that it wont be utterly rammed all day. 

Well it's exactly why I'm not choosing to part with my cash just yet. The past few Slam Dunks have seen countless clashes, meaning I've only caught half the bands I wanted to see. So whilst this line-up is bloody fantastic, I can't justify going. Obviously the counter-argument is going to both shows but I'm not bloody made of money!

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Well it's exactly why I'm not choosing to part with my cash just yet. The past few Slam Dunks have seen countless clashes, meaning I've only caught half the bands I wanted to see. So whilst this line-up is bloody fantastic, I can't justify going. Obviously the counter-argument is going to both shows but I'm not bloody made of money!

yeh, no matter whichever way you wanna spin it you can only get to see 7-8 bands a day. I could literally park up in front of either the Impericon or Punk in Drublic stages and be happy all day though.