The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

My top 3 Metallica songs:

1) Fade To Black

2) Battery

3) Blackened

Now, I'm not sure if that'll convince you to like Metallica but Fade To Black's the song that got me into them with Battery as a firm favourite behind it. I'm guessing you're familiar with the bigger hits too.

As for Metallica Songs im going to name 10 because i'm greedy and love them too much!

1) Master of Puppets

2) Battery

3) Disposable Heroes

4) The Four Horsemen

5) And Justice For All

6) Ride The Lightning

7) No Leaf Clover

8) Seek and Destroy

9) Creeping Death

10) Whiplash.

And as for Iron Maiden, They are one of my favourite bands so i would recommend some albums as every song on them is great....

1) Powerslave

2) Dance of Death

3) Brave New World

4) Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

5) Somewhere In Time

Anyone else feel the Maiden love? Or am i acting like a fanboy?

right 3 songs then for recommending

3 Metallica songs, mmm stepping away from the norm

1. Welcome Home (Sanatarium)

2. To Live is to Die

3. Outlaw Torn

3 Maiden Songs, again off the beaten path

1. Strange World (soundhouse tapes version)

2. Montsegur

3. Children of the Damned.

Ebb.. We are the Zeitgeist MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! erm lol either that or wor parents have some explaining to do :p

My gig days are over at the moment, so Terrorvision, Pitchshifter and Tallica are out of reach. Plus 40 quid and more is a bit fucking steep, bring back 8-14 quid, I can do that. 40 quid for a 2 hour gig (or less) FUCK off.

Top 3 Metallica songs are ...

1. One

2. The Four Horsemen

3. Blackened

That kinda changes about a few times a month. :p Blackened and One are always there or thereabouts though. Maiden though ...

1. Hallowed Be Thy Name

2. Moonchild

3. Phantom of the Opera

Much more consistant actually. I think they've been my favourite Maiden songs for yonks.

I'd love to see Rob Zombie at Donington this year. I'm suprised this hasn't turned into a slagging match over what and what isn't metal (or mallcore) but I'm glad that it hasn't. I like a pretty large chunk of heavy metal, takes up the biggest part of my music collection and taste. My favourite Metal band, and favourite band in general, is Metallica. I've seen them 17 times (with 4 more coming, 5 if they do Download) all round the world and have pretty much everything Metallica you could possibly have. I finally met them last year and they're great guys, its especially interesting to meet them as they are now compared to how they were when I was growing up watching them.

I'll also add to the Sepultura love, never been a big fan of Soulfly or Max in gerneral otherwise but they have some fucking awesome tunes.

There's a few metal bands i've never really 'got'. Metallica being one (Iron maiden being another, there are several more). So i thought i'd ask, give me say 3 songs of Metallica's that will convert me. I have listened to plenty of them i guess, but i don't own aything by them.

Your name is, presumably, in relation to the band? It may well be that maiden and metallica just aren't for you.

But check out 4 horsemen (live version) Last caress (live version, cover but still worthwhile) and whiplash (live version) to get an idea of just how much fun metallica can be.

Maiden, get the live after death double album, and check out stuff off the first album, the actual song iron maiden, running free, stuff like that. Then listen to The evil that men do, that's definately one of their best.

'Tallica:

For Whom the Bell Tolls

One

Disposable Heroes

Maiden:

Recorded:

The Trooper

Powerslave

Aces High

2 Minutes to Midnight

Sunlight on Steel

Running Free

However there are some tracks that you need to experience live if you want to appreciate them fully. Foremost are Fear of the Dark and Hallowed be Thy Name.

Anyway...

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Deicide. Bastard of Christ, Father Baker's, Bible Basher, Scars of the Crucifix and The Gift that Keeps on Giving are on heavy rotation.

I'm also enjoying a lot of Sabbat and Skyclad at the moment. Really enjoy the depth of some of the lyrics.

Melechesh are fucking awesome. They tend to be labelled as black metal, but they're not really. They have that raspy vocal style, but there the similarity ends. Catchy death metal heavily influenced by Middle Eastern music - much more so than Nile.

'Tallica:

For Whom the Bell Tolls

One

Disposable Heroes

Maiden:

Recorded:

The Trooper

Powerslave

Aces High

2 Minutes to Midnight

Sunlight on Steel

Running Free

However there are some tracks that you need to experience live if you want to appreciate them fully. Foremost are Fear of the Dark and Hallowed be Thy Name.

Anyway...

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Deicide. Bastard of Christ, Father Baker's, Bible Basher, Scars of the Crucifix and The Gift that Keeps on Giving are on heavy rotation.

I'm also enjoying a lot of Sabbat and Skyclad at the moment. Really enjoy the depth of some of the lyrics.

Melechesh are fucking awesome. They tend to be labelled as black metal, but they're not really. They have that raspy vocal style, but there the similarity ends. Catchy death metal heavily influenced by Middle Eastern music - much more so than Nile.

Never heard of Melechesh but though i'd give them a go. have to say i m really enjoying them.

Have been watching Party San best of dvd which i got off ebay some really good stuff from Grave,Malevolent Creation,Vader and Bolt Thrower.

just seen that vader are touring the uk. anyone heard the new album? the one with an all new line up?

• Paid Members

Three Metallica (that people haven't mentioned yet)

The Memory Remains - great on disc, AWESOME live.

All Nightmare Long - the second best 'new' song behind The Day That Never Comes.

Devil's Dance - I've yet to see any love for this. Why the hell not? it's easy to listen to, heavy and evil. Both the album and S&M versions deserve at least one listen each.

ThreeFour Maidens (go easy, please! Not listened to that much)

Remember Tomorrow

Number Of The Beast

Wasted Years

Can I Play With Madness?

Your name is, presumably, in relation to the band? It may well be that maiden and metallica just aren't for you.

Despite Lostprophets being my fav band, i do generally listen to heavier stuff.

Last year i really started getting into both Katatonia and Opeth, both really great bands with several great albums.

Today i had a listen to Entombed - Left hand Path cos i hadnt listened to it in ages and it's really very good!

So the Metallica stuff. I've been at work allevening so havent listened to much. One and Nothing Else Matters are 2 songs i actually already liked. Before work i had a quick listen to Blackened, didnt really enjoy, mainly due to the vocals i think. Meaning i did like Call Of Kthulu (that was the instrumental one, right??).