The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

As my mate pointed out to me the other day "Dean, you are incredibly gay for Ivan Moody and Five Finger Death Punch these days!"

Not just FFDP but also his previous work with MotoGrater & Ghost Machine.

Did anybody catch the Pantera tribute covers CD that Metalhammer released last year? Evile's cover of Cemetary Gates blew me away. :)

As my mate pointed out to me the other day "Dean, you are incredibly gay for Ivan Moody and Five Finger Death Punch these days!"

Not just FFDP but also his previous work with MotoGrater & Ghost Machine.

Did anybody catch the Pantera tribute covers CD that Metalhammer released last year? Evile's cover of Cemetary Gates blew me away. :)

i got that. I didnt think it was anything special, but was decent in places.

And for the record, Five Finger Death Punch will not be remembered 2 years from now

5FDP's 1st album i didn't like to much but the new one is awesome. I reckon it will be the third album that will make or break them. they where good live on the lamb of god,dimmu borgir and unearth show i saw them at.

Pantera cd was ok. enjoyed Unearh,Machine Head and Chimaira where good.

anyone else not got into the new/latest chimaira album? the infection? I love The impossility of reason and the self title album/Resurrection where good albums but the latest one i was always waiting for the songs to kick in.

Not really the best of the best black metal line up but a damn good one Ov Hell will be the next album i buy. have a listen to the song on their myspace.

the line up is:

Vocals-Shagrath(Dimmu Borgir)

Bass-King(Gorgoroth)

Guitar-Ice Dale (Enslaved)

Guitar-Teloch(God Seed)

Drums-Frost(1349 and Satyricon)

Cracks Knuckles

Sepultura... ah 1996 December .. Newport.. Awesome... best gig I have ever been to. Period

Floodgate and Strife in Support , all on stage plus Benji (Skindred/Dubwar) all kinds of orgasmic win!

Portsmouth with derick and Psychore.. Rawk like a mofo!

lost count of the gigs ive seen ..

I think the only bands left I want to see live are Metallica, Pitchshifter and Terrorvision.. and the only reason I havent seen them are cancellations for what ever reason :(

Currently resurging in Metal, well, Brit rock... Left Side Brain anyone.. and awaiting the Kerbog tribute as well!

ahhhh been listening to Soulfly, Celtic Frost, and LSB

• Paid Members
Cracks Knuckles

Sepultura... ah 1996 December .. Newport.. Awesome... best gig I have ever been to. Period

Floodgate and Strife in Support , all on stage plus Benji (Skindred/Dubwar) all kinds of orgasmic win!

Portsmouth with derick and Psychore.. Rawk like a mofo!

lost count of the gigs ive seen ..

I think the only bands left I want to see live are Metallica, Pitchshifter and Terrorvision.. and the only reason I havent seen them are cancellations for what ever reason :(

Currently resurging in Metal, well, Brit rock... Left Side Brain anyone.. and awaiting the Kerbog tribute as well!

ahhhh been listening to Soulfly, Celtic Frost, and LSB

i was at that Newport show :p classic! Floodgate's 'Penalty' album is a true underrated classic metal album.

I've seen Metallica, Pitchshifter & Terrorvision, all numerous times...dont mean to rub it in ;)

and... i'm a Left Side Brain fan too! i own the first two albums, i ain't really listened to the newest one (Collider?), but i'll check it...they love the riffs.

i'm sure we were seperated at birth :laugh:

• Paid Members

as for 5 Finger Death Punch... i don't understand the hype at all. They kinda sound like they would have been massive 10 years ago. Now i've got nothing against nu-metal but 5FDP just seemed to have missed the boat.

It seems like only Metal Hammer are creaming over 'em over here, but the band seem to be doing ok...i don't see the appeal.

• Paid Members
anyone on here a fan of Legion Of The Damned? Its a shame they aren't that well known

Very good band. Total retro 80s sound and generally great fun for a bit of drunken headbanging.

Five Finger Cock Wank on the other hand are one of the absolute worst bands I've ever heard in my life.

just got the new metal hammer through my door. has Him on the front.

nothing amazing in this mouths.

I reckon Rob Zombie and Airbourne will be at download this year. if a band appears in metal hammer 3 or 4 times (this time of year when they are nameing bands) then they are at download.

would be awesome if rob zombie was there. not that i'm going but i do like his new album after the last one its a lot better. just got halloween 2 today so i m going to watch it later. I actually like his movies. house of 1000 corpse was really good up to the bit with dr satan at the end, devils rejects was better and Halloween 1 wasn't that bad. I enjoyed seeing micheal as a child

just got halloween 2 today so i m going to watch it later.

I went to the cinema to see it, and I thought it was good.

The secret is, try not to compare it to the rosy memories you have of the original couple of Halloween movies.

If you look at it as a fresh horror movie, it's a good watch.

I'd love to see Rob Zombie at Donington this year. I'm suprised this hasn't turned into a slagging match over what and what isn't metal (or mallcore) but I'm glad that it hasn't. I like a pretty large chunk of heavy metal, takes up the biggest part of my music collection and taste. My favourite Metal band, and favourite band in general, is Metallica. I've seen them 17 times (with 4 more coming, 5 if they do Download) all round the world and have pretty much everything Metallica you could possibly have. I finally met them last year and they're great guys, its especially interesting to meet them as they are now compared to how they were when I was growing up watching them.

I'll also add to the Sepultura love, never been a big fan of Soulfly or Max in gerneral otherwise but they have some fucking awesome tunes.

I'd love to see Rob Zombie at Donington this year. I'm suprised this hasn't turned into a slagging match over what and what isn't metal (or mallcore) but I'm glad that it hasn't. I like a pretty large chunk of heavy metal, takes up the biggest part of my music collection and taste. My favourite Metal band, and favourite band in general, is Metallica. I've seen them 17 times (with 4 more coming, 5 if they do Download) all round the world and have pretty much everything Metallica you could possibly have. I finally met them last year and they're great guys, its especially interesting to meet them as they are now compared to how they were when I was growing up watching them.

I'll also add to the Sepultura love, never been a big fan of Soulfly or Max in gerneral otherwise but they have some fucking awesome tunes.

There's a few metal bands i've never really 'got'. Metallica being one (Iron maiden being another, there are several more). So i thought i'd ask, give me say 3 songs of Metallica's that will convert me. I have listened to plenty of them i guess, but i don't own aything by them.