F1 2011/ Motor Racing Thread

patiirc

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, there's some really grim crashes on Youtube. I've just watched the first video and that was shocking.

Buemi's crash is pretty spectacular, purely because there wasn't a real reason for it happening. The tyres just flew off. I love on the replay how he moves the wheel about as if it could make a bit of a difference into which part of the barrier he hits. Shows how risky it is being a cameraman as well when he just dives out of the way.

Kubica's crash in 2007 was huge and looking back at it, I'm still amazed that he got away with it. Even a few years before it, he'd have been seriously injured or killed.

It's not F1, but Zanardi had a couple of years in the sport and it's a nasty crash to watch.

• Paid Members

It wasn't quite as bad as some of the other crashes mentioned but this was pretty spectacular:

Melbourne 2002 - Ralf Schumacher launched off the back of Barichello's Ferrari

It was my first live race. I was sitting right opposite the pit exit and saw all the drivers running back to the pits after the accident. It was amazing to watch but also it's a fabulous circuit and Raikkonen had his first podium finish at that race too.

• Paid Members

I thought China was fantastic. Really enjoyed it. Full of nutty overtaking. That manoeuvre Alonso pulled on Massa ,coming into the pits was very aggressive.

The passes on Sutil and Schumacher were great fun to watch. We also had Buemi's crash in practice. Have Torro Rosso released any informaton regarding the cause of the wheel ejection?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm off to Turkey tomorrow (today). Weeeee.... :cool:

If anyone's watching the race, when all the cars are lined up on the grid waiting for the lights to go out, I'll be sitting in the grandstand in the background. Just so you know, like.

Archived