Coming of Age - BBC3

sgmilne

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it didn't. Its a completley different show where Garth couldn't keep showing up. The brief glimpse of Garth's 'War of the Wasps' showed to me that another series (or something like Darkplace) would have worked.

It was the only half-funny moment in a series full of shite - worse, in a way, than Coming Of Age, because those guys had shown they could be extremely funny in the past. Given that the entire rest of Garth's episode was awful (taking him out of his own fictional world was a massive mistake) and the rest of the series was even worse, I'd be extremely surprised if Holness was given another show.

• Paid Members
Im still waiting for Series 2 of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace :(

I love Darkplace as much as anyone, but did Man To Man With Dean Learner not give you enough of an indication those guys have completely run out of ideas and funny material?

Man to man was a massive disappointment but I agree that taking them out of the 'darkplace' environment was a bad idea. Another series set in the hospital would be very welcome.

On a slight aside, the Darkplace DVD commentary is the greatest ever. EVER.

• Awards Moderator
Dont no if it has been mentioned but does anyoe remember Babes in the Wood that used to be on ITV???? mid to late 90s i think, had Samantha Janus init and the fella from the Flash adverts, now that was WOEFUL!!!

ITV really plumbed the depths around that time - didn't Davina McCall have a sitcom at one point?

For a really long time, SM:TV was far and away the best comedy on the channel. Then that went and they were left with ... erm....

• Paid Members
Dont no if it has been mentioned but does anyoe remember Babes in the Wood that used to be on ITV???? mid to late 90s i think, had Samantha Janus init and the fella from the Flash adverts, now that was WOEFUL!!!

I was going to suggest that!! Shocking, it also had Denise van Outen in it-and some other blonde bint. It was being touted as the next Game On, but it clearly wasn't.

I watched Coming of Age a couple of weeks ago and thought exactly the same as everyone else on here. Fucking makes me wish I was terminal. It's like they have taken 2 Pints, made the characters a bit younger and somehow less funnier. I hated Two Pints so much- but this is on another level. I honestly think it could be the worst comedy ever.

Archived