Alissa Flash/Cheerleader Melissa gone from TNA

Psygnosis

I appreciate your critiques, even if I'm not 100% in agreement with it. For example, I think ODB is a great example of how character is a valid and great device for masking and bypassing technical shortcomings, and I don't think being vulgar is particularly a problem - it's merely a character, and one we would normally put up with from male wrestlers should they appear. Besides, there are women out there way worse than she is - just go past any popular nightclub in the UK past chucking out hours: shagging in the car park, puking against the wall, pissing into the drains with the CLUNGE on display, ODB doesn't begin to compare. Anyway, it's good to have a character like ODB, in an era when McMahon's gone so far to condition people into accepting only a very narrow range of female character types and looks.

It is when you want to be mainstream and get the kids (like it or not that's the money) onboard. Plus how does that do for the other females if guys tune in to see some skanky mess grabbing her tits and crutch acting like she does? It leads to the "tits, puppies, mud wrestling" mentality.

It really is a shame about Melina - appearance-wise, she looks unique, and for some reason looks like she's supposed to wrestle, but she just can't stop fucking up. She's so far removed from her original MNM celebrity character now, it just doesn't cover her weaknesses any more

What, a tranny?

As for Melissa, there's nothing I can really add to what I said before. I think she's a female Kevin Steen, just better-looking. I won't go beyond that, because ultimately I think we've pretty much laid out all our points, and now we're in the realms of subjectivity.

Steen is a fat mess who is self indulgent in his work and takes liberties because he was bullied as a kid. Melissa while sometimes quite vapid, isn't self indulgent because she knows a lot of lucha-esque styles yet doesn't use them, uses very few of her early moveset and her gimmick (decided by chickfight heads jason deadrich and dann read) was to be a "female terminator". I don't seem to remember the T800 acting much like the Rock.

I haven't seen much of Del Ray, but I think Kong and Chif are great, and it's always been disappointing that Chif doesn't travel or sign with the bigger companies.

Chif has a very well paid high level job and happy marriage and probably doesn't want to throw that away for the wwe dream of getting little money and being expected to suck off batista and put up with randy orton while spending ten times as much of your job doing softcore photoshoots and the rest putting over michelle mccool and melina because they put out more.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I appreciate your critiques, even if I'm not 100% in agreement with it. For example, I think ODB is a great example of how character is a valid and great device for masking and bypassing technical shortcomings, and I don't think being vulgar is particularly a problem - it's merely a character, and one we would normally put up with from male wrestlers should they appear. Besides, there are women out there way worse than she is - just go past any popular nightclub in the UK past chucking out hours: shagging in the car park, puking against the wall, pissing into the drains with the CLUNGE on display, ODB doesn't begin to compare. Anyway, it's good to have a character like ODB, in an era when McMahon's gone so far to condition people into accepting only a very narrow range of female character types and looks.

It is when you want to be mainstream and get the kids (like it or not that's the money) onboard. Plus how does that do for the other females if guys tune in to see some skanky mess grabbing her tits and crutch acting like she does? It leads to the "tits, puppies, mud wrestling" mentality.

Disagree. It's not like she's the only female they'll see on there, and I don't see how it leads to that stuff when the whole basis of her character is that she refuses to conform with the wrestling establishment's idea of what women should be doing, i.e. tits, puppies and mud wrestling. She's a ladette - swearing, drinking, farting, belching and fighting.

And no - the kids are not necessarily "the money". TNA shouldn't be going for the kiddy market, WWE have that covered - there is no point trying to out-do WWE at whatever they choose to do; they should be going for the other demographics from which WWE made plenty of money before, i.e. the teens, the lapsed WCW fans and the 18-30 single males.

It really is a shame about Melina - appearance-wise, she looks unique, and for some reason looks like she's supposed to wrestle, but she just can't stop fucking up. She's so far removed from her original MNM celebrity character now, it just doesn't cover her weaknesses any more

What, a tranny?

At the risk of inviting the expected jibes, I don't think she looks like a tranny and I think she's quite attractive.

As for Melissa, there's nothing I can really add to what I said before. I think she's a female Kevin Steen, just better-looking. I won't go beyond that, because ultimately I think we've pretty much laid out all our points, and now we're in the realms of subjectivity.

Steen is a fat mess who is self indulgent in his work and takes liberties because he was bullied as a kid. Melissa while sometimes quite vapid, isn't self indulgent because she knows a lot of lucha-esque styles yet doesn't use them, uses very few of her early moveset and her gimmick (decided by chickfight heads jason deadrich and dann read) was to be a "female terminator". I don't seem to remember the T800 acting much like the Rock.

She's pretty self-indulgent from what I can see, just not with lucha moves. She likes her gratuitous, US indy over-the-top brawling moves which are designed to get pops from the crowd - not such a good thing when you're working heel. And if she's supposed to be a Terminator-like character, she shouldn't be a cheerleader.

I haven't seen much of Del Ray, but I think Kong and Chif are great, and it's always been disappointing that Chif doesn't travel or sign with the bigger companies.

Chif has a very well paid high level job and happy marriage and probably doesn't want to throw that away for the wwe dream of getting little money and being expected to suck off batista and put up with randy orton while spending ten times as much of your job doing softcore photoshoots and the rest putting over michelle mccool and melina because they put out more.

I know all that - I'm not saying she should. I'm simply talking from my perspective, which is all that can be expected from anyone on here.

I will say i saw ODB in her TNA shoot wearing a short dress and she looked quite fit to me , and she looked lady like...but i think her ODB in ring is abit past its sell by date. Also kong was the only person ( at the moment ) who could have these Knockouts go all out and make it look good if they won, unless they have HAMADA be bad ass and kick the crap out of everyone or turn Tara heel, nobody else looks face killer material to me and ODB is too hockey now unless they redo her gimmick some how.

I've heard through the grapevine that Alissa Flash/Cheerleader Melissa read that Sweet Saraya was on her way to TNA and quit on the spot and literally took her bags and went home. It wouldn't surprise me as lets face it Melissa does have it coming for almost ending Saraya's career, although doesn't make her look very brave and hard if she did leave for these reasons does it?

I've heard through the grapevine that Alissa Flash/Cheerleader Melissa read that Sweet Saraya was on her way to TNA and quit on the spot and literally took her bags and went home. It wouldn't surprise me as lets face it Melissa does have it coming for almost ending Saraya's career, although doesn't make her look very brave and hard if she did leave for these reasons does it?

By 'through the grapevine', you mean 'just made up', right?

Nope I heard it from a very reliable source, not that I'm going to tell you who because that would be unethical of me. However if you don't believe me with this women of wrestling podcast you do.. you must have contacts... so you go phone Cheerleader Melissa/Alissa Flash and ask her yourself and that way you prove me wrong?

• Paid Members
So whats the crack with this story then ?? Im just starting to get back into womens wrestling ( now TNA have screwed my KOs div...Is Sweet saraya good then? is she that english lady ?

How have TNA screwed the KO division? They've only let Alissa Flash go - everything else is still pretty much the same. They've even brought back Angelina Love, for crying out loud.

So whats the crack with this story then ?? Im just starting to get back into womens wrestling ( now TNA have screwed my KOs div...Is Sweet saraya good then? is she that english lady ?

I'd say that since she's been in the wrestling business 19/20 years and has a had a major role in pretty much every major company in the UK, I'd say yes she is pretty good. I just hope one day that we do get the rematch were all waiting for Sweet Saraya vs. Cheerleader Melissa but if Melissa keeps running it's not looking likely is it?

TNA have screwed the Knockouts div IF Kong goes, if ODB and Tara are allowed to swap belts like top trumps. the Tag belts are now secondary to Angelina vs TBP.....to be honest id rather focus on Tara defending the title belt or Hamada and Kong feuding with Sarita and Wilde..I have had enough of TBP the only good wrestler is Madison rayne, hopefully Angelina can beat Velvet then go onto fued for the title!! I remember the good old days of Kong vs Kim!

I just thought Mellissa had some drama with Saraya,

Nope I heard it from a very reliable source, not that I'm going to tell you who because that would be unethical of me. However if you don't believe me with this women of wrestling podcast you do.. you must have contacts... so you go phone Cheerleader Melissa/Alissa Flash and ask her yourself and that way you prove me wrong?

I doubt Melissa would acknowledge that even if it were true, besides, I thought the Saraya/Melissa animosity was a work?

• Paid Members
TNA have screwed the Knockouts div IF Kong goes, if ODB and Tara are allowed to swap belts like top trumps. the Tag belts are now secondary to Angelina vs TBP

Firstly, Kong handed her notice in, TNA haven't released her. Secondly, Angelina vs. TBP is just another feud, it doesn't mean the tag belts are secondary - that's like saying the men's tag belts are secondary to 3D feuding with the Nasties.

my point was and rightfully so Angelinas working through TBP is now coming to a head,but I think the matches with workrate would have been the Hamada Kong vs Sarita Wilde matches, i think they would be more entertaining than seeing TBP vs Angelina ( which again does need to be ressolved ).

I know all the drama with Kong prob put that on hold or stopped the fued that was brewing nicely, but seriously What decent fueds have TNA now set up so far since 4th Jan that will have people saying wow that was a great match from the Women.

• Paid Members

The fact you used the word "workrate" with no sense of irony tells me everything I need to know. I'm not going to argue with you any more; you can learn from your own mistakes.

Archived