Alissa Flash/Cheerleader Melissa gone from TNA

Psygnosis

From everything I've seen of Melissa/Alissa, she's the female Kevin Steen - either has no idea what her character's supposed to do (Cheerleader), or has no character at all (Flash), and either way has a moveset that's not only completely in contrast and ill-fitting with whatever she's supposed to be (when she's a Cheerleader), but is stupidly spotty and gratuitous.

And SHIMMER? It's a female RoH. And that's not a good thing.

I thought it was a given, it was just an ironic gimmick. Although admitedly wrestling in the US the home of not getting irony, this might have been something of a wasted character. As the old handle goes "If you have to explain it...."

I've often thought Melissa was a good wrestler, at times in certain matches she seemed too 'strong style' for my own personal tastes, and sometimes booked too much as a killer... But I always thought given the chance, she'd shine. I just wish TNA had given her the chance.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So you don't deny that she re-buffed your sexual advances then? :);)

As for Melissa being a bitch backstage, okay, fine, she was being a bitch. We know. You've told us. That one incident has obviously scarred you deeply. You obviously don't like her as a person. I think it therefore jades your opinion of her slightly.

Personally, I could give a fuck if she's a complete cunt to everyone she meets or shoots the hind legs off rabbits in her spare time, it doesn't change my thoughts on her in ring ability.

I reached this conclusion of her ability before I met her, so no, it doesn't jade my opinion. I've also met Kendo Nagasaki and thought he was a cunt, but that doesn't change the fact I think he was a great wrestler. Same, to a certain degree, with Foley.

I'm not gonna address all your points (she doesn't have the moveset of a cheerleader!? What would that BE exactly!? :confused: ) because we'll no doubt end up going needlessly back and forth and it's evident neither of us are gonna change our opinions. I think she's a very good wrestler (not the best, but good) and you don't. Cool.

That's fine. I wasn't the one who started mentioning sexual advances (joking or not) or pointing to my dislike of her as a person as a supposedly valid point in negating my opinion of her as a wrestler.

As to the whole critique of her character, if you want I can go into exhaustive detail, but then it won't end the discussion like you wanted?

Just one thing though - I like her, but aside from spraying mist, MsChif is NOTHING like Great Muta.

....and Daffney is more "goth" than MsChif could ever hope to be.

Don't forget the Shining Wizard too. But I'm going to be all Super Insider Deluxe one more time and tell you that at the RQW show, she and Melissa asked to meet Mutoh, and when they did, Chif directly asked me to translate to him that it was her dream to meet him because she'd based her style and character on him.

As to Daffney being more "Goth", I daresay she might be - but how do you quantify that? Are there "Goth points" you have to accumulate, based on how much black nail polish you put on or how successful your ratio is of fitting into the smallest possible leather/PVC bondage gear to being as fat as will go into it?

So you're having a go at smarks? Come on man, that's a pretty big case of pot and kettle no?

Question of degrees, really. I'm a smark, but I'm not somebody who creams his jeans over "workrate" and obnoxiously proclaims to the world that anyone who doesn't like a guy who does three hundred moves a minute is not a wrestling fan. I'm also not one of those TNA dickheads who think attending shows is about getting themselves and their stupid chants over at the expense of the product; stuff like

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

yelling at AJ that he's married when they're trying to work a "Nature Boy" angle

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); or turning their backs on the ring when someone they don't like goes over, that sort of thing.

So it's not really having a go at smarks, it's just having a go at the extreme end of smarks, the "uber" smarks, if you weel.

• Paid Members
I think posting in Japanese when Misawa died places you in that aforementioned extreme end.

Don't see how. Might have been a little ostentatious, but it's not like I was deliberately calling him by his real name after a career of trying to get his gimmick over (alright, so it is his real name, but you get what I'm saying).

Besides, it's one thing, and not a whole trend of behaviour. I may be annoying, but I don't think anyone has ever had call to say that I ended up ruining their night at any wrestling show I attended. I don't consider myself a "wrestling maven", I don't demand highspots every 5 seconds, I don't start duelling chants, I don't yell out wrestlers' real names, I don't turn my back on the ring, I don't chant stupid shit at wrestlers I don't like, and, most importantly, I don't try to get myself over as a fan at the expense of the show.

.........Anyway moving on.....

I saw alissa flash on impact once or twice and always wondered why there were'nt using her?

oh well, back to shimmer! Speakinf of which is Shimmer any good? Ive been looking into watching someof there stuff, but dont really like the womens side of wrestling that much, although beacause of (some) of tnas stuff, ive started to like it.

Any help?

Shimmer is great to watch, also try and get some AJW from japan if you can , awesome stuff from the 90s and still better than most wrestling i have seen and thats quite alot LOL...

Is Melissa a " bitch " because she is a second generation wrestler? ( if i am right ) and maybe takes the business to seriously because thats how she was brought up? ....

.Also im sorry but if ODB can get a push and title, then Alissa flash must have been a safe bet for a good push of they had let her...maybe she just didnt get on with the bookers and we dont know about it.

Shimmer is great to watch, also try and get some AJW from japan if you can , awesome stuff from the 90s and still better than most wrestling i have seen and thats quite alot LOL...

Is Melissa a " bitch " because she is a second generation wrestler? ( if i am right ) and maybe takes the business to seriously because thats how she was brought up? ....

.Also im sorry but if ODB can get a push and title, then Alissa flash must have been a safe bet for a good push of they had let her...maybe she just didnt get on with the bookers and we dont know about it.

Surely Sarita's much more of a fapper's delight than Cheerleader Melissa? All those flippy floppy moves and lucha libre stylings that make indie fans hard.

Not at all. Theres a big difference between Lucha and 'flippy floppy' indy wank. Lucha acrobatics are all about flow, timing and precise execution at the right moment, whilst indy stuff is just about doing whatever looks weird and video gamey with no thought for how it fits into the overall match, often requiring vast amounts of obvious assiatnce from the opponent in order to pull it off.

Thats another thing that sets Sarita apart, how effortless and easy she makes even her complex rollups and escapes look, which really adds to her character and helps convince you that she really IS a female luchador as opposed to the WWE brand Divas who add a handful of odd looking and misplaced moves to their repetoires every few months in an attempt to look more legit.

The few times Raeesha Said actually wrestled she looked pretty good - it looked realistic and she was able to get heel heat even with her face covered.

Because she was playing a condescending muslim women in the USA, and wrestling fans arnt known for being the most worldly of people. Marylin Monroe could have gotten heel heat by doing the same.

I'm not gonna address all your points (she doesn't have the moveset of a cheerleader!? What would that BE exactly!? :confused: ) because we'll no doubt end up going needlessly back and forth and it's evident neither of us are gonna change our opinions. I think she's a very good wrestler (not the best, but good) and you don't. Cool.

That's fine. I wasn't the one who started mentioning sexual advances (joking or not) or pointing to my dislike of her as a person as a supposedly valid point in negating my opinion of her as a wrestler.

As to the whole critique of her character, if you want I can go into exhaustive detail, but then it won't end the discussion like you wanted?

Just one thing though - I like her, but aside from spraying mist, MsChif is NOTHING like Great Muta.

As to Daffney being more "Goth", I daresay she might be - but how do you quantify that? Are there "Goth points" you have to accumulate, based on how much black nail polish you put on or how successful your ratio is of fitting into the smallest possible leather/PVC bondage gear to being as fat as will go into it?

If you wish to go into exhaustive detail then don't let me stop you old chap. It may not, as you say, end as I want, however that doesn't mean that a) I will agree with it b) it is correct or c) I will lose any sleep over it.

As to how I quantify who is more Goth, that is merely my observation, which, much like your observations about Cheerleader Melissa, does not necessarily make it correct.

It seems we are at two opposing sides of the ring regarding this one so, as I say, it seems pointless debating it.

If you want to take that as a "victory" or me throwing the towel in then go ahead, however I still believe that Melissa is a lot better than you believe her to be.

I don't consider myself a "wrestling maven", I don't demand highspots every 5 seconds, I don't start duelling chants, I don't yell out wrestlers' real names, I don't turn my back on the ring, I don't chant stupid shit at wrestlers I don't like, and, most importantly, I don't try to get myself over as a fan at the expense of the show.

Do have to agree with you on this one, however, Mr 'Bomb. Those kind of things, especially the duelling chants, do annoy the piss out of me.

• Paid Members
I'm not somebody who creams his jeans over "workrate" and obnoxiously proclaims to the world that anyone who doesn't like a guy who does three hundred moves a minute is not a wrestling fan.

Who are these people?

US indy fans, predominantly RoH. And yes - I have seen and heard them in action. They're there for anyone to see at any show live, or on any DVD RoH have put out. And there are plenty British versions who infest the BritWres scene.

If you wish to go into exhaustive detail then don't let me stop you old chap. It may not, as you say, end as I want, however that doesn't mean that a) I will agree with it b) it is correct or c) I will lose any sleep over it.

As to how I quantify who is more Goth, that is merely my observation, which, much like your observations about Cheerleader Melissa, does not necessarily make it correct.

It seems we are at two opposing sides of the ring regarding this one so, as I say, it seems pointless debating it.

If you want to take that as a "victory" or me throwing the towel in then go ahead, however I still believe that Melissa is a lot better than you believe her to be.

I'm not going to take anything as a victory or whatever, because that's just stupid. This is a wrestling forum with me stating my opinion, somewhat stridently. If you disagree, it's up to you to either debate or simply let things lie. Either way, I'm here because I want to enjoy wrestling and the fandom that comes with it.

Archived