UKFF Awards 2009 **THE RESULTS**

tiger_rick

Just to blow my own trumpet here, of the 9 times I went over to watch wrestling events in America last decade, I was in the crowd live to see 6 of the events which featured in the various awards:

- The first and second best events of the decade

- The first and second best matches of the decade

- The first and second greatest moments of the decade

- The second-worst match of the decade

- The best event of 2009

- The best match of 2009

- The first and second greatest moments of 2009

Some amazing memories and unforgettable moments from my first trip over for WrestleMania X-7 through to my last one to see WrestleMania 25.

.... but now I've got to start acting like a grown-up. :(

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Lesnar got the nod simply because he's a former WWE "superstar".

He's got plenty of ability too. No-one voted for Bobby Lashley did they?

Even the most emphatic of wrestling fans see Lashley as a dull, useless bastard in wrestling.

Good arrows to Butchreedmark, my favourite poster on the forum in 2009. I think a suitable prize would be for TNA to be transformed into your beloved WCW... oh, wait.

TNA needs to book big Barry Windham, fast.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
Best British Promotion of 2009

3. IPW:UK (15.56%)

2. All-Star (26.67%)

Winner: Triple X Wrestling! (31.11%)

Wow. I really don't know what to say. A massive thank you to everyone that voted for us this year and everyone that's worked so hard to make the shows possible. Hopefully this will convince a few more of you to check us out.

On a more personal note the past 18 months or so that I've been co-promoting Triple X has been the best period of my life and I've loved every second of it. It's so great to be able to do things that just shouldn't work in a wrestling context (time traveling wrestlers altering the timeline, teddy bears and shelves as Champions, a girl who's gimmick revolves around the fact the audience thinks she has a cock), but you guys just get it, and that's what makes it all worth it.

We've got our biggest year yet ahead of us with our new AMP shows, where the future stars of Triple X hone their craft against the best stars we have to offer, as well as our recent AMP Training Camp, which I'm sure we'll be doing again in future. And don't worry, dispite the extra work we wont be half arseing it with TXW, we'll continue to bring you all the wacky shit you've grown to love.

And congratulations to one of our top guys Zack Sabre Jr. for winning Best British Wrestler of 2009 and Best British Match of 2009, he's an amazing talent and definitely deserves it.

Right, and over to Quentin for the real bragging...

Edited by CoreyVandal

He's got plenty of ability too. No-one voted for Bobby Lashley did they?

I'm not saying that he hasn't, but he fought once this year, six months ago.

That one fight gets him the MMA fighter of the year award?

Jose Aldo fights four times, winning all four by stoppage, with one ending via flying knee in the 8th second, then tops the year off by beating Mike Brown for the title.

Aldo gets 7 votes.

I know this is a wrestling forum and all that nonsense, but the MMA poll results are a total joke.

• Moderators

Well, instead of gayism, lets hear me be all conceited.

Despite the scouse mafia, and the pseudo-intelligensia, a man with the plan, the man with the cheese and bacon flan, and the man who go back and shag your mam won.

But I need to thank some people first. Here's to my underling Chest Rockwell. He'd PM me half my lines, yet say "Don't tell them it's me, lest I sound like a 3rd rate Peter Kay", and I said "NO!", worry not you Arab Stallion! You can be the wind underneath my wings! For one day, you'll not be a no-one, you can be my sidekick on the way to being thefunniest poster on the UKFF! It's like Spade and Farley, only I've the humour and your the fat cunt!"

So, I'd like to share my prize with Chest Rockwell, if I may. He's the best sucker of cock since David Furnish.

• Paid Members
Ronnie made an amazing avatar for the Unfunny award, but no-one will see it because Joe_the_Lion has gone all sadface.

Hrmph. That's not funny, even if he thinks it is.

You could always give it to the chap who came second :ninja:

• Moderators
Well, instead of gayism, lets hear me be all conceited.

Despite the scouse mafia, and the pseudo-intelligensia, a man with the plan, the man with the cheese and bacon flan, and the man who go back and shag your mam won.

But I need to thank some people first. Here's to my underling Chest Rockwell. He'd PM me half my lines, yet say "Don't tell them it's me, lest I sound like a 3rd rate Peter Kay", and I said "NO!", worry not you Arab Stallion! You can be the wind underneath my wings! For one day, you'll not be a no-one, you can be my sidekick on the way to being thefunniest poster on the UKFF! It's like Spade and Farley, only I've the humour and your the fat cunt!"

So, I'd like to share my prize with Chest Rockwell, if I may. He's the best sucker of cock since David Furnish.

Cheers bud.. That means a lot to me. It was all false modesty when I said not to tell other people I was feeding you lines, I'm glad you finally figured that out so I can ride the coattails of your success.

I'm off to go find out who David Furnish is and see what he's got that I ain't...

So, to clarify, I didn't win anything?

Colour me surprised.

Cheers,

Howard.

Keep this level of tedium up though, and you could be in the running next year.

I thought I knew what tedium was. Then I read your blog, and now what I thought was tedious now seems rather charming.

Cheers,

Howard.

You've really cut me to the quick there. Something I forgot I even still advertised as I've had sigs turned off for a year, and haven't updated or been bothered about in that long, has been mocked by someone who'll get bored of his trolling and leave the board in another month or so. I shall shed a silent tear.