A Recent Pic Of Bobby Heenan

ultimo the great

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's Bobby Heenan taken yesterday. Poor bloke.

207269_184766818236407_131270353586054_483345_5093686_n.jpg

Oooh, fuck!! :omg: Cancer is a horrible, horrible illness.

It's not often I feel bad for a suffering celebrity. That stuff usually leaves me cold. But seeing Bobby like this is pretty heartbreaking. :'(

• Paid Members

Looking at this positively, he's not deteriorated significantly since a year ago, and is still capable of making appearances at events rather than being bed-ridden and connected to machines.

At least he's out and enjoying his legacy. He's probably one of the few people in professional wrestling who I don't think I've ever heard someone say a bad word against him. His peers in the industry all respect him and he's the kind of heel that the fans enjoyed not liking. I got into wrestling in 1999 so I wasn't around during his heyday but I've loved his commentary that I've heard, and when Sky used to show the WWE classic shows from about 1988 with the Brain and Gorilla, their commentary made the antiquated matches as entertaining as everything from today. I wish I had been around when he was managing so I could have disliked him as much as he deserves.

• Paid Members

I've heard a few people speak bad about Heenan, actually. Apparently Rick Rude didnt like him. A lot of WCW's Benoit-down level wrestlers thought he would only put himself over and nobody else. I remember hearing an interview with Foley in the late 90s when he said the eyes in the locker room rolled when they hired Bobby Heenan because they knew he'd try and kill the heat of anything they did while he commentated. I've never heard a fan (myself included) have a bad word to say about him though. He's a genius as far as I'm concerned. World class at about half-a-dozen different things in wrestling and funny as fuck.

I've heard a few people speak bad about Heenan, actually. Apparently Rick Rude didnt like him. A lot of WCW's Benoit-down level wrestlers thought he would only put himself over and nobody else. I remember hearing an interview with Foley in the late 90s when he said the eyes in the locker room rolled when they hired Bobby Heenan because they knew he'd try and kill the heat of anything they did while he commentated. I've never heard a fan (myself included) have a bad word to say about him though. He's a genius as far as I'm concerned. World class at about half-a-dozen different things in wrestling and funny as fuck.

Heenan is a true legend and a master of his craft.. He could sell sand to the arabs i swear it, he even made me think that Narcissist (sp?) was a big time threat from day one! lol.. Manager, Commentator, Wrestler.. he's not only a jack of all trades, but a master of all of them too.

• Paid Members
I don't think he looks any worse than the last pictures that were put up of him, but he really does look awful and it is so sad to see. Probably my favourite #wrestling personality who isn't a wrestler' of all time!

You do realise hash tags don't work on the UKFF, right? ;)

Sad picture but like it has been mentioned earlier at least he can still get out and about and I am sure it is these sort of things that keep him going.

Regarding Rude I do not think it was an issue with Bobby it was more to do with the fact that Vince wanted Rick to have a manager and think he was against the idea.

Think in his shoot Scott Steiner had a pop at him during his shoot interview.

I don't think he looks any worse than the last pictures that were put up of him, but he really does look awful and it is so sad to see. Probably my favourite #wrestling personality who isn't a wrestler' of all time!

You do realise hash tags don't work on the UKFF, right? ;)

Lol, just realised I did a hash instead of '

And yes, I'm aware this isn't Twitter :rolleyes:

Archived