the noughties metal/rock thread * nostalgia thread *

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

anyone remember Psycore (this classifies as 90's, but fuck it)...very weird Swedish band who got a bit of press back in the day. I would listen to all kinds of shit when i was young and me and my buddy were big into Psycore. I completely lost touch with them when i got into hardcore music and stuff, but ive been re-discovering my old cd collection (i'll never regret not getting rid of my cd's, i still got em all). What a weird f'n strange band. They kind of straddle the line between brilliant and absolutely terrible....System of a Down are a band that do the same, but they stay on the brilliant side of things (by the way, they sounded nothing at all like SOAD).

283424.jpg

Anyway's Pyscore's first album is pretty good, they dont sound like anyone else but they've got some good tunes, definately better when they were at their heaviest...some of the slow spoken word type stuff is just shit.

i got a copy of the second album as well which i always thought was rubbish, ill dig it out though and give it another go. The singer and guitarisy formed a new band after it called Sweden's Finest, trying to find the albums to buy, but to no avail.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone remember Psycore (this classifies as 90's, but fuck it)...very weird Swedish band who got a bit of press back in the day. I would listen to all kinds of shit when i was young and me and my buddy were big into Psycore. I completely lost touch with them when i got into hardcore music and stuff, but ive been re-discovering my old cd collection (i'll never regret not getting rid of my cd's, i still got em all). What a weird f'n strange band. They kind of straddle the line between brilliant and absolutely terrible....System of a Down are a band that do the same, but they stay on the brilliant side of things (by the way, they sounded nothing at all like SOAD).

283424.jpg

Anyway's Pyscore's first album is pretty good, they dont sound like anyone else but they've got some good tunes, definately better when they were at their heaviest...some of the slow spoken word type stuff is just shit.

i got a copy of the second album as well which i always thought was rubbish, ill dig it out though and give it another go. The singer and guitarisy formed a new band after it called Sweden's Finest, trying to find the albums to buy, but to no avail.

This is gunna surprise you Ebb, honest, lol. but yes, I remember Psycore.. Seen them live supporting Seps on the Fight Against Tour ironically given the discussion regarding the Wedgewood Rooms, saw them at Portsmouth Pyramids in 1998. and have a couple of their tracks somewhere

They were alright didnt sound anything like the recording stuff live as I recall, Much heavier, much like FLC can be depending on what set they play. If Memory serves they did all look a bit like Freakpower on stage which was really odd. Mind you Id had an entire crate of Stella by that point so probably wasnt in the most receptive.

was alright

• Paid Members
This is gunna surprise you Ebb, honest, lol. but yes, I remember Psycore.. Seen them live supporting Seps on the Fight Against Tour ironically given the discussion regarding the Wedgewood Rooms, saw them at Portsmouth Pyramids in 1998.

At first, I misread this as "Seen them live supporting Steps."

I thought "Hmm.... how did that work???"

At first, I misread this as "Seen them live supporting Steps."

I thought "Hmm.... how did that work???"

Would have been an interesting fusion of styles. Dont think the teeny boppers would have got into it much, but you never know

• Paid Members

Yeah. I saw em live once too, really good.,much heavier live. I think the production on record harmed them, the guitars are downtuned so much it almost sounds like a bass. Probably intentional but i think they may benefited from a more traditional sound. Definately unique.

Archived