DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

It's obviously not as good as Highlander. Nothing is. The only thing that comes close is Highlander 4.

You'd better not be ironically liking Highlander :angry: That film was my hands-down favourite film as a teenager, and I still love it. Sean Connery clearly has more fun making that film than all the Bonds put together.

• Paid Members

For some reason I'm doubting whether I've seen all of Highlander now. I think I might have got bored and turned it off but that might have been the second one. I liked Red Sonja, though. I didn't realise Jon Polito was in Highlander, having just looked it up! I'll probably watch it again now.

• Moderators

I've seen bits of that film loads of times. My brother loved it but it bored me a bit as a kid. I still don't think I really know what it's about... Let us know if it's any good when you watch it Gladstone - I need an opinion that is untainted by nostalgia.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I don't really like swords and sorcery films normally, for some reason, so I'm not sure I'll be the best judge. I can understand you not trusting Pitcos and Loki, though, they are like the Bizarro Siskel & Ebert.

I did watch a film called Prime Cut last night which was great. It's about Lee Marvin going to collect a debt off a cattle rancher (Gene Hackman) but then it becomes really weird and pretty funny and there are at least two bits involving sausages that are hilarious. Sissy Spacek gets them out as well.

• Paid Members

Saw Oz the Great and Powerful. It was crap. My Wife who like The Wizard of Oz described it as shit and there were 6 people (out of about 25 in the screen) who left halfway through. Visually good, poorly acted and boring story (sans the opening 5 minutes or so, and about 10 minutes from the end)

• Paid Members

I've only seen him in one film, Your Highness, which is one of the worst films of all time, so I'm not the right person to comment on him.

But he has funded and is producing some really interesting looking documentaries that I am looking forward to.