DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Well not really. He clearly has a huge amount of influence on their actions and behaviour, to the point that they're almost puppets. Plus he was evidently the most powerful and impressive member of the group. With him defeated and the group without a leader/dictator, it's not unreasonable that they'd retreat.

I don't remember the film well, but I remember that it was rubbish.

When was CM Punk in it? Was he actually in it, or are you making a joke because there was someone who looked like him in the film?

Ahhh, nah it's a dirty dude who looks a bit like him.

Well not really. He clearly has a huge amount of influence on their actions and behaviour, to the point that they're almost puppets. Plus he was evidently the most powerful and impressive member of the group. With him defeated and the group without a leader/dictator, it's not unreasonable that they'd retreat.

Suppose it's just more of a whimper than a bang y'know, thought they at least have ganged up on him or something, just for revenge at least.

• Moderators

Oh whilst we're on this subject though....

I recently read one of the 30 days of night comics. Not the original that this film is based on, but one of the later ones.. and it was really good.

That said, it was written and drawn by David Lapham, so I don't know if the original book is of the same high quality.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I thought it was a great film personally - even more so in that Josh Hartnett didn't make me want to vomit blood with his acting for once.

The acting was fine, as was Mellisa George. :love:

Just the randomness of it, people showing up late into the film, things like that.

Watched The Island t'other nite on ITV+63 million or something.

Okay actioner, with overly convoluted plot, gaping holes in the plot and way, way, way, too long. Other than that twas alright. Mainly cos Scarlett Johannson looked well fit in it. It made the Michael Bay stupidity of it all seem more bareable. Plus it had Neelix in it so cant all be bad

:yinyang: I watched Sorority Row yesterday and it was exactly the mediocre horror-slasher film i was expecting it to be. It had all the usual elements, blood, boobs, a few attempts at some unusual deaths, a "twist" that sucked(just one of these days i'd like the killer to be the person you think it is) and very little suspense holding it all together. The only slightly redeeming feature this film has is that you get to see Carrie Fisher acting all bad ass with a shotgun for five minutes.

Wanted ( 2008 )

Totally ridiculous, and at the same time, so much fun. It doesn't take too long to get into the shockingly bad stuff, with somebody running so fast that he practically causes a tornado and then jumping from one building to another. Usain Bolt hasn't got a chance against this guy. I think the fact that I knew how ridiculous this movie was before hand helped me to enjoy this a lot more. It becomes a lot less fun when it gets serious, but they still keep the action coming thick and fast. I don't ask for much from an action movie, other than being entertained by it and I also want loads of action. This gave that, so I decided to go with 7/10.

Surrogates. It start off quite well, the robots are cool and so are some of the effects. The story even seems to be going somewhere, until the end just makes absolutely no sense. I seriously heard quite a few people in the cinema go "Eh?" as it ended. Not even wiki can tell me what happeend because it doesn't know itself