DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Is that the one where Ashton Kutcher strangles himself in the womb?

Based on the line above this film sounds amazing.

I saw Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus the other day. Retarded story, atrocious acting, abysmal accents, appalling sets, ludicrous script and yet ultimately great fun. The dreamy Lorenzo Lamas certainly played a huge part in my enjoyment however the true star of the film was the (apparently) Irish voyeur. Watch with friends only.

I saw Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus the other day. Retarded story, atrocious acting, abysmal accents, appalling sets, ludicrous script and yet ultimately great fun. The dreamy Lorenzo Lamas certainly played a huge part in my enjoyment however the true star of the film was the (apparently) Irish voyeur. Watch with friends only.

I love shark movie but this is awful. I have sat through Sharks in Venice, Blood Surf and The Last Shark this week. The last shark is ok, but the effects are pretty weak.

Would like to see Paranormal Activity, looks quite scary.

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers - Classic 1950s Sci-Fi about a Doctor in a small Californian town who discovers everyone is being replaced by identical but emotionless copies. Again, it's not too long, and though the plot has been reused many times, the original must have been quite groundbreaking and exciting at the time. I enjoyed it.

That film is an absolute must, The 1978 remake and Abel Ferraras version are also worth a watch. but the original has a few genuine creepy chills in it which is good.

RE: Quantum Leap Lite.. erm I mean the Butterfly Effect, I realy didnt like it. The missus loved it though

Has anyone else seen The Libertine?

It's about the life of The Earl of Rochester, with Johnny Depp in the starring role. The previews sell it as a raunchy period romp, but really it wasn't in the least bit raunchy or erotic, in fact Rochester came across as a really sad bastard. The whole film felt surprisingly flat for such volatile material, though Depp was good and Samantha Morton was fantastic in the lead female role.

It was also host to some really intrusive music and a very bad sound treatment. It really pisses me off as it's just the sort of British production that gives British sound designers a bad name.

• Paid Members

I love shark movie but this is awful. I have sat through Sharks in Venice, Blood Surf and The Last Shark this week. The last shark is ok, but the effects are pretty weak.

You ever saw "Monster Shark"? Brilliant cheesy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Shark

It is up on the Torrents. Do a search for a user called MovieExtreme. He has a ton of lesser known movies.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I've watched a few films over the past few days.

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel - Really enjoyed this, but that doesn't surprise me because it's by BBC Films. Basic premise is three friends - one of whom is obsessed with time travel - get caught in a crack in time down the local pub. It's got a small cast (including Anna Faris, who was decent in it and must have sacked her old agent to land a role in a respectable film) and it's maybe a little short, but well worth watching.

I watched that last week. I enjoyed it too, was a pretty entertaining film tbh.

• Paid Members
Boooring! I mean I rated Nic Cage in Face Off, Con Air & The Rock, but since those he's been shite, horrible wooden muppet.

Matchstick Men? Snake Eyes? Bringing Out The Dead? Lord Of War? I recall him being good to great in all those. I suspect he probably will be in Bad Lieutenant as well.

Edited by Gladstone Small

Yup! But, and this'll conflict you, it's Werner Herzog directing.

Remake. Booo.

Herzog in Hollywood. Yay!

Nic Cage. Booo.

Val Kilmer! Yaaay!

• Paid Members
suspect he probably will be in Bad Lieutenant as well.

Please not a remake of the Abel Ferrara fillum?

Yeah. But I don't like Abel Ferrara anyway and the only bit I liked in the original was Harvey Keitel's racist rant in the car about Daryl Strawberry. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny but I thought it was.

Edited by Gladstone Small

Yup! But, and this'll conflict you, it's Werner Herzog directing.

Remake. Booo.

Herzog in Hollywood. Yay!

Nic Cage. Booo.

Val Kilmer! Yaaay!

Fucking hell, that is conflicting the fuck out of me!!

Gladstone, I love that scene, better than the one where "Little Harvey" makes an appearance. Did Keitel have it written into his contract that during a spell of films he could get his wanger out? Seems like it.

• Paid Members

Yeah, he always had his nob out in the 90s, didn't he? Also, he seemed to always have to do the trademark Keitel wail.

I'd reckon that the remake will probably be great, I can't imagine that Herzog would waste this chance.

Great cast. Cage can be good, Kilmer is great, then you've got Brad fucking Dourif (an old Herzog hand), and the lovely Eva Mendes, Jennifer Coolidge, and Xzibit who's actually not bad.

Yes, Brad Dourif. An actor's actor. I've never seen him less than brilliant.

• Moderators

It's not a remake, Herzog not only hasn't seen the original, but he'd never even heard of Abel Ferrara - he only watches two movies a year. It had its first screening at the Venice Film Festival earlier this month, and every review I saw said it was absolutely fucking crazy, and that it was a 4-5 star movie. Apparently there's a two minute musical section comprised entirely of closeups between Cage and a pair of lizards that are giving him the stink-eye. Don't ever doubt Werner Herzog, aka the greatest living artist in any medium.