DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Yesterday I watched Minghags. The story behind this film is that it's from Bam Margera and some of his original video crew (namely the brilliant Brandon Dicamillo) and is a loose sequel to Haggard. Now Haggard is a film that is pretty poorly made and stupid but still manages to be funny and cool despite it's Margera self wankering, directionless plot and and shitty low budget and I consider myself a fan. Minghags however does not follow this trend, it's got about 3 times Haggard's budget (only just over a million dollars though) but seems alot more lower budget that Haggard, and to put it frankly is really fucking shit. It's not funny, the plot is even more dumb than Haggard and doesn't really have a beginning, middle or end. Only one of the characters is in it funny and most of it is just a bunch of retarded skits for Bam Margera to fit all his unfunny friends in. The worst character though is obviously someone trying to do a Raab Himself impression (Raab is not in the movie because him and Bam had a falling out) and everytime he was on screen I wanted to shoot myself in the face due to being the most annoying person ever filmed by a camera. Even the music in this one is shit compared to Haggard and I'm not even a HIM fan(which featured lots in Haggard). I could go on all day but overall, it just doesn't have the jokes, creativity and the low budget charm of Haggard. Avoid at all costs.

• Paid Members
i couldnt stand the original Blair Witch, sack of shite... not seen the sequal but been kinda put off it.. And how did the Butterfly Effect get sequels???

If you saw the fit short-haired blonde getting shagged on a glass table in Butterfly Effect 3 you might think slightly better of them.

i couldnt stand the original Blair Witch, sack of shite... not seen the sequal but been kinda put off it.. And how did the Butterfly Effect get sequels???

If you saw the fit short-haired blonde getting shagged on a glass table in Butterfly Effect 3 you might think slightly better of them.

I meant in the sense that

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Didnt Ashton Kutcher die in the first one? So how did the others come about?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Changing tack, does anyone know where to get a Multi region or region free version of China Town Kid on DVD I need oen as wanna give it as an Xmas pressie to me bro

• Paid Members

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Changing tack, does anyone know where to get a Multi region or region free version of China Town Kid on DVD I need oen as wanna give it as an Xmas pressie to me bro

I dunno, I didn't watch the sequels because the first one was shit. Just the sex scene with the fit blonde.

• Paid Members

Watched District 9 last night. Well, over two nights.

Watched the first 50 minutes or so on Saturday, and found it a bit of an effort to concentrate on. I suppose it was meant to be like watching news events by channel hopping, but it just got annoying quite quickly. I was tired to called it a night.

Picked up again last night, and was just starting to enjoy it when it finished.

It suffered a bit from "seen it all before" syndrome. Aliens living in slums, Alien Nation. Big hovering mothership over city, Independance Day. A lot of it looked like cutscenes from Halo 2 (and then I read on wiki that Jackson made this after failing to get funding for a Halo movie).

It was enjoyable enough, but I think it could have been more. Wikus and Christopher were neither buddy-buddy enough, or odd couple enough to make their relationship compelling.

Watched Ghost Town tonight. A decent comedy for what it is, and I did laugh a fair bit, but again Ricky Gervais suffers badly from being cast in a David Brent type role. He just acts the same in every comedy he does. The Office is my favourite sitcom ever, but it just felt like I was watching a film with Brent as the main character.

5/10

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

they just tagged on the name of the previous movie so that people might go see it based on name value, rather than making a linked story from. kind of like S Darko, the 'sequal to Donnie Darko

The Butterfly Effect is one of the worst films ever made. It's a smart movie for dumb people.

Smart movies for dumb people could be a thread all to themselves, quite honestly. They do my fucking head in. Well, them and the people afterwards who bang on about how clever the film was. It makes me the very worst level of pretentious I am capable of.

I've watched a few films over the past few days.

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel - Really enjoyed this, but that doesn't surprise me because it's by BBC Films. Basic premise is three friends - one of whom is obsessed with time travel - get caught in a crack in time down the local pub. It's got a small cast (including Anna Faris, who was decent in it and must have sacked her old agent to land a role in a respectable film) and it's maybe a little short, but well worth watching.

Adventureland - Seems to star a guy who is a cross between Michael Cera and Alan Davies. It's one of those films you watch and even though not much happens, and it's not even that memorable, you do enjoy it.

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers - Classic 1950s Sci-Fi about a Doctor in a small Californian town who discovers everyone is being replaced by identical but emotionless copies. Again, it's not too long, and though the plot has been reused many times, the original must have been quite groundbreaking and exciting at the time. I enjoyed it.

Strangers on a Train - I don't think this is as good as loads of other Hitchcock films and it does require some suspension of disbelief. You watch it thinking 'Why does he not just go to the police'. Decent but there are far better Hitchcock films out there.

• Paid Members
The Butterfly Effect is one of the worst films ever made. It's a smart movie for dumb people.

I disagree. It's a good movie that I personally enjoy watching.

Is that the one where Ashton Kutcher strangles himself in the womb?. It's shit.

The "Dude, where's my limbs" bit the only good thing about it.

The "Dude, where's my limbs" bit the only good thing about it.

:(

I feel alone.