General politics discussion thread

David

I've said it a million times, but the only way to defeat twats like Nick Griffin is to engage them in serious debate in the most public forum possible and show them up for the useless, ignorant cunts that they are.

I think one of the good things to come out of the BNP getting some airtime is the idea that perhaps the so-called legitimate politicians will be forced to answer some of the questions on immigration, Europe and human rights as well.

Have you never watched Question Time?

Indeed I have.

I've said it a million times, but the only way to defeat twats like Nick Griffin is to engage them in serious debate in the most public forum possible and show them up for the useless, ignorant cunts that they are.

I think one of the good things to come out of the BNP getting some airtime is the idea that perhaps the so-called legitimate politicians will be forced to answer some of the questions on immigration, Europe and human rights as well.

Have you never watched Question Time?

Indeed I have.

That's the show that forces legitimate politicians to answer questions on immigration, Europe and human rights every week.

That's the show that forces legitimate politicians to answer questions on immigration, Europe and human rights every week.

Really? You think that the BNP will face the same level of grilling that your typical Labour politician usually gets?

I'm hoping that the questions they put to the BNP will then lead to the other guests being asked more pressing questions, not the usual shit.

Really? You think that the BNP will face the same level of grilling that your typical Labour politician usually gets?

I'm hoping that the questions they put to the BNP will then lead to the other guests being asked more pressing questions, not the usual shit.

Be honest now. Have you really ever seen Question Time? The show where Labour politicians in particular get a thorough grilling on the toughest issues of the day, week after week. It's about as tough as it gets without turning into some Jeremy Kyle uncivilised mess.

Be honest now. Have you really ever seen Question Time? The show where Labour politicians in particular get a thorough grilling on the toughest issues of the day, week after week. It's about as tough as it gets without turning into some Jeremy Kyle uncivilised mess.

I won't say that i'm an "avid" viewer, but i've seen it on more than a few occasions.

I still stick by my prediction that the knives will be particularly sharp when the BNP come to town.

I'm just saying that I would hope that their fellow guests will be met with the same level of questioning.

On Question Time do they have to stick to current affairs or can they question a particular guest? I'd love someone to bring up Nick Griffins comments like these... "Some unfortunate people suffer from homosexuality so we will just have to tolerate them." and in homage to the upcoming gay pride parades "I call it gay shame, a freak show, revolting." So I hope one of these "AIDS Monkeys" or "bum bandits" (as the BNP Director of Publicity so delightfully called homosexuals) calls him on these comments and watch him squirm in his seat.

On Question Time do they have to stick to current affairs or can they question a particular guest? I'd love someone to bring up Nick Griffins comments like these... "Some unfortunate people suffer from homosexuality so we will just have to tolerate them." and in homage to the upcoming gay pride parades "I call it gay shame, a freak show, revolting." So I hope one of these "AIDS Monkeys" or "bum bandits" (as the BNP Director of Publicity so delightfully called homosexuals) calls him on these comments and watch him squirm in his seat.

I'm sure that any time he's involved with this type of thing it'll be a total hatchet job.

I believe that questions have to relate to issues, they don't have to be totally current but the question has to refer to an issue rather than a panel members viewpoint, and have to be addressed to all the people present rather than an individual.

Question Time died when they had that dickwit Emma Jones on.

Chances are Nick will just be heckled every time he attempts to speak.

Best case scenario is that the fence sitters and protest voters will finally get to see him for the cretin that he is and worst case he his singled out so much and given so little chance to speak that people will see him as some sort of victim.

Chances are Nick will just be heckled every time he attempts to speak.

Best case scenario is that the fence sitters and protest voters will finally get to see him for the cretin that he is and worst case he his singled out so much and given so little chance to speak that people will see him as some sort of victim.

Indeed.

It'll be virtually impossible to give him a "fair crack" so to speak, as the crowd won't have it, and the other politicians won't either.

In doing so they will lose the chance to basically say to everyone "see? That's the kind of policy they bring to the table".

I could be wrong though, but I can't see it going down any other way.

Everyone will be looking for the chance to show themselves as the outraged, right-thinking human being who can't stand to share a platform with someone so nasty that they will totally ignore the bigger picture.