General politics discussion thread

David

Be honest now. Have you really ever seen Question Time? The show where Labour politicians in particular get a thorough grilling on the toughest issues of the day, week after week. It's about as tough as it gets without turning into some Jeremy Kyle uncivilised mess.

I won't say that i'm an "avid" viewer, but i've seen it on more than a few occasions.

I still stick by my prediction that the knives will be particularly sharp when the BNP come to town.

I'm just saying that I would hope that their fellow guests will be met with the same level of questioning.

Yeah, but that's because while I may disagree vehemently with numerous Labour and Tory policies, I accept that they have some legitimate basis in reality and humanity. Nick Griffin is a lunatic racist scumbag. He deserves a far greater degree of aggressive questioning because his policies, attitudes, public statements, aims and goals are either inhuman, wrong or both.

Nick Griffin is a lunatic racist scumbag. He deserves a far greater degree of aggressive questioning because his policies, attitudes, public statements, aims and goals are either inhuman, wrong or both.

Fantastic idea. We will likely follow up that "aggressive questioning" that is reserved only for him by having various members of the crowd shout & jeer when he speaks.

The result will be a television show featuring the presenters, fellow guests and crowd all heckling one man.

I'm sure that will show him up for the "lunatic racist scumbag" that he is, and will definately make sure that the public don't feel any kind of sympathy for him or his party.

I have to agree with harry on this.

At the end of the day if we cannot act in a civilised manner and allow even a cretin like Nick to have his say (he was elected in a democratic election plain and simple) then we have no moral high ground at all and will just end up giving ammo to likes of Nick and his ilk.

I have to agree with harry on this.

At the end of the day if we cannot act in a civilised manner and allow even a cretin like Nick to have his say (he was elected in a democratic election plain and simple) then we have no moral high ground at all and will just end up giving ammo to likes of Nick and his ilk.

The problem is you are agreeing with a statement where Harry seems to be replying to statements that he has made up in his head. None of what Harry posted actually links back to the post made by Kenny.

Everyone's basing their fury at a highly unlikely future event, that would be completely unprecedented in the thirty year history of Question Time. I'm sure it'll be a little testier than usual, but it's fucking Question Time, it's not going to degenerate into a big yelling match. Griffin's going to get every chance to answer the questions put to him, just like every guest has in the entire history of the show. I think it's still taped an hour before broadcast, so if there are any disruptions they'll have a chance to throw out troublemakers and edit out the shit.

At the very least, wait until the show airs and see what happens rather than get upset about the non-existant futuristic bastards shouting down poor helpless Griffy Whiff.

None of what Harry posted actually links back to the post made by Kenny.

I was referring to his point on aggressive questioning.

You do realise that 'agressive questioning' doesn't necessarily mean shaking your fist and shouting "Why are you such a racist fucker?" don't you? It can just as easily refer to a robust examination of someones beliefs and refusing to let them avoid answering the question at hand.

You do realise that 'agressive questioning' doesn't necessarily mean shaking your fist and shouting "Why are you such a racist fucker?" don't you? It can just as easily refer to a robust examination of someones beliefs and refusing to let them avoid answering the question at hand.

Really? Well, thanks for pointing that out Joe. Your a swell guy.

You'll see that I posted;

We will likely follow up that "aggressive questioning"....

This would indicate that I believe the aggressive questioning won't be the end of the matter, and that it will be followed by people cutting in to argue with him whenever he tries to speak.

I could be wrong though. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens.

Nick Griffin is a lunatic racist scumbag. He deserves a far greater degree of aggressive questioning because his policies, attitudes, public statements, aims and goals are either inhuman, wrong or both.

Fantastic idea. We will likely follow up that "aggressive questioning" that is reserved only for him by having various members of the crowd shout & jeer when he speaks.

The result will be a television show featuring the presenters, fellow guests and crowd all heckling one man.

I'm sure that will show him up for the "lunatic racist scumbag" that he is, and will definately make sure that the public don't feel any kind of sympathy for him or his party.

I agree. It runs the risk of turning into a circus and that is no way of intelligently bringing down his policies and ideals. Intelligent and impartial debate would better serve destroying the man and the party.

So you agree that your 'response' to Kenny wasn't actually adressing any points he'd made, you were simply following on from his reasonable point with your own imaginings of what would happen.

Thats right Joe.

You win the argument. Do you want a shiny badge?

I agree. It runs the risk of turning into a circus and that is no way of intelligently bringing down his policies and ideals. Intelligent and impartial debate would better serve destroying the man and the party.

Bang on the money there I think.

I'd be interested to see how Griffin copes with an intelligent, educated debate.

He's been asking for one for long enough now.

Edited by hardcore_harry