"Your least favourite level"

FLips

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Hilarious seeing the Turtles electrocuted though isn't it? That whole games a bit of a piss take. I remember this level where you couldn't just over a three centre-metre drop and all you had to do was walk over it.

You should have tried the Amstrad version. The majority of games on multiple systems had the Amstrad's version kicking arse every time out. All except this piece of shit in which you had no chance of defeating the first boss without cheats. It was honest to god impossible. I remember on my mate's non-Amstrad version (NES I think) you could climb on a ledge and attack downwards. No such ability on the Amstrad, instead you spent the entire time attacking then running away, the flaw being that he would always cause damage when you attacked, meaning you would be guarenteed to die before he did.

In fact, on the subject of Amstrad games.

80027.jpg

For those that don't know this game, our eggy little friend that's in midair there is standing right on the middle of a bridge that is over this area. You have to make sure not to stand on the middle of it or it disappears. Ah, easy to get by I hear you cry.

Now consider that you repeatedly cross this area during the course of the game (I never bothered counting, but I'd say you go back and forth a good 20 times), and despite having multiple lives, if you destroy that bridge, that's it, you're done. It's not returning. You may have just spent the past 2 hours going all over the place and be about to complete the game, but thanks to one slight mistake you get to restart the entire game all over again.

• Paid Members

I was more of a Fantasy Land Dizzy boy myself. Some of the jumps in those games were ridiculous though. A pixel wrong and you could be left rolling straight into the path of another enemy sometimes. That vulture was a bastard too. I always thought it was a huge shame that Dizzy never really carried over to the next generation of gaming, and sort of died on it's arse with Fantastic Dizzy (which in fairness was shit).

• Paid Members
"You can just WALK over it? Apparently you can just walk over it."

Shredder's my ass and Splinter's my balls.

Cowabunga? Cowa-fucking-piece-of-fucking-dogshit! This game is diarrhoea coming out of my dick!

largowin7.jpg

Largo Winch: Empire Under Threat

Not really a well known game but I enjoyed the puzzle solving aspect of it until you literally had to solve a puzzle. Not just any puzzle but a stupid fucking slider puzzle. I hate these things in real life and this one was even worse as 3 or 4 parts looked identical. Pretty sure it was of Jesus' face and you had to rearrange it to get the key to open a room or some shit. Well I tried. I tried really hard. I tried for like 6 fucking months and could not do this puzzle. In the end I gave up and did what Largo is doing above, I went to the pub.

I remember playing Dizzy over a mate's house in between episodes of WWF Superstars, trying not to shit myself at the sight of Papa Shango during the whole Warrior feud. Fun times.

The TMNT call is spot on, I never once got further than the swimming/electrocution level. How the hell do you do it?!

Archived