"Your least favourite level"

FLips

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hills of the Warrior, Kid Chameleon, Mega Drive

Right, so a wall pushes you through the level, straight into spikes and other walls that you have to jump over. Not Super Mario World style, you get about 3 seconds for every jump. You cannot fuck up on that level.

Can't remember the level name, but it was on a submarine, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Xbox

The main problem I had with this level was that you couldn't actually see where you had to go. Took me months to get passed it.

• Moderators

I like that level on Kid Chameleon. It's a real motherfucker, but it knows it. There's an extra life fairly early on, so they expect you to have to do it over a bunch of times, but it's satisfying when you nail it.

I'm a big fan of levels in platformers where walls are chasing you or water is rising generally though. The tension is great..

• Awards Moderator

Pinstripe on the first Crash Bandicoot for me. No matter what I did, how much I tried, I COULD NOT FUCKING KILL THAT FUCKING RODENT AND HIS GODDAMN FUCKING MACHINE GUN I HATE THAT GAME I HATE IT I HATE IT!

The stereotype of a gamer getting ridiculously angry about something and chucking their controller across the room in a fit of rage? Yeah, that was me and Crash Bandicoot...

• Paid Members

1. Play Vib Ribbon.

2. Take out Vib Ribbon disc.

3. Put in the South Park movie OST.

4. Select "La Resistance: Medley" (Track 8).

5. Cry.

• Paid Members
How about Super Mario World where you have to fly under the exit on Cheese Bridge to get Soda Lake? Pain in the fucking arse, that.

Cheese Bridge Area on Super Mario World and trying to fly under that fucking gate. MURDER DEATH KILL.

When the police come for Gladstone he'll be shouting "FUCKING CHEEESE BRIIIIIDGE" and only we will know why.

• Paid Members
2046.spike610.jpg

Recently picked up the God of War Collection & NEVER have I been more frustrated at a game than when trying to climb some bloody spinning spiked tower. Of course what is my reward for eventually getting to the top? why another of the fuckers of course!!

I got stuck on that at some hell boss thing where you have to break its armor and fire a log at it. The story was ace, I was so into it but that one boss was just killing the fun so bad I couldn't justify putting any more time in and I've not played it now for ages. I'll have to give it another go, because up until then the puzzles and what not had been very fun and a good challenge. I'm sure some one now will say how easy that boss is :(

• Paid Members
2046.spike610.jpg

Recently picked up the God of War Collection & NEVER have I been more frustrated at a game than when trying to climb some bloody spinning spiked tower. Of course what is my reward for eventually getting to the top? why another of the fuckers of course!!

I got stuck on that at some hell boss thing where you have to break its armor and fire a log at it. The story was ace, I was so into it but that one boss was just killing the fun so bad I couldn't justify putting any more time in and I've not played it now for ages. I'll have to give it another go, because up until then the puzzles and what not had been very fun and a good challenge. I'm sure some one now will say how easy that boss is :(

That was actually the most fun boss of the game for me :( You could have taken two approaches - hack at him from the ground (harder), or from the platform (easier to dodge his attacks, but the fight takes longer).

• Paid Members

The last level of Master Of Darkness on the Master System, the Dracula boss fight. It's impossible. To this day, my dad still lies and says he completed it, he's not as bad as the people who've faked videos of them doing it easily on Youtube though, cheats!.

Modern day. Did anyone manage to beat the last Wesker battle on Resi 5 by themself?, I could do it with a mate ok, but I think it'd be impossible with the computer controlled Sheva, the AI's just so stupid.

• Paid Members

That was actually the most fun boss of the game for me :( You could have taken two approaches - hack at him from the ground (harder), or from the platform (easier to dodge his attacks, but the fight takes longer).

I knew it :laugh:

I tried both and would get so close but he would have me every time right before I'd kill him. I'll give it another whirl and see how I get on but I put so much time in and just never seemed to get that last bit on him.

• Paid Members
How about Super Mario World where you have to fly under the exit on Cheese Bridge to get Soda Lake? Pain in the fucking arse, that.

Cheese Bridge Area on Super Mario World and trying to fly under that fucking gate. MURDER DEATH KILL.

When the police come for Gladstone he'll be shouting "FUCKING CHEEESE BRIIIIIDGE" and only we will know why.

You know what's worse though? I like cheese. And I live near a bridge.

:(

Modern day. Did anyone manage to beat the last Wesker battle on Resi 5 by themself?, I could do it with a mate ok, but I think it'd be impossible with the computer controlled Sheva, the AI's just so stupid.

I did but it took me over an hour for the reason you stated!

Also a f'in great call on the Ghostbusters 1 game, I NEVER completed it on the Speccy +2 for that very reason.... bloody marshmallow man!

I have a hatred for level 19 on Portal, the 'falling up' on to platforms malarky. Also that bloody mine kart level on DK Country... grrr!!!

I love that most of the opening sentences of each post read like something you'd hear on GamesMaster all that time ago... "Hello GamesMaster. On Zelda 3..."

Anyway, being somewhat younger, this was the first one that sprang to my mind:

The 'training' level from Driver (PS)

Couldn't find a screen print of the actual level, but christ this did my tits in. As a youngster when you get a game you want to play it and do all the missions straight away, but I didn't get to because I had to do the fucking burnout/slalom/figure 8 etc. etc. bit in the car park and I just couldn't complete it properly. Such a ballache that by the time I'd finally managed to get out of that sodding car park, I wasn't sure I even wanted to carry on with the main game. I haven't watched the video that the above picture links to but I'm sure the twat who plays it does it with impeccable timing etc. Buggeration.

Archived