"Your least favourite level"

FLips

• Paid Members
Here's the level that annoyed us most so far, it's called Tricks and Traps and every single room spams you with lava, boss enemies or both.

Actually, that level's pretty damned easy (the room with big ol' Cyberdemon, open the door, shoot into the room, then close the door sharpish and let them kill each other).

The only part of that level that's annoying is the room leading to the exit as you have to run across platforms that lower down, which wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that you have a drop between them and either side of them and it goes around a fucking corner. So you have to run round said corner without making even a slight cock up otherwise you're dying (you cannot get out of the pit once you're in it, so land in there and it's tough shit).

Quite a long level though, which makes it even more of a fucker when you land in the pit and have to re-do the whole damned thing again.

Incidentally, you get Cyberdemon and company on normal 1 player too.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Here's the level that annoyed us most so far, it's called Tricks and Traps and every single room spams you with lava, boss enemies or both.

Actually, that level's pretty damned easy (the room with big ol' Cyberdemon, open the door, shoot into the room, then close the door sharpish and let them kill each other).

The only part of that level that's annoying is the room leading to the exit as you have to run across platforms that lower down, which wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that you have a drop between them and either side of them and it goes around a fucking corner. So you have to run round said corner without making even a slight cock up otherwise you're dying (you cannot get out of the pit once you're in it, so land in there and it's tough shit).

Quite a long level though, which makes it even more of a fucker when you land in the pit and have to re-do the whole damned thing again.

Incidentally, you get Cyberdemon and company on normal 1 player too.

We were on co-operative so luckily the whole saving thing wasn't a problem. It doesn't give you a difficulty option though and seems to auto set to Ultra-violent so there's literally hundreds of enemies. It's all good fun though.

Sandopolis 2 was never an issue for me, the swinging platform indicated you needed to get across, and it occurs every second left to right slide. Alternatively you can just glide/shield jump up the first sand slide, get the bonus stage, and slide down the other side to victory.

There weren't any missions I overly hated on GTA:SA, Zero's only difficult mission was the one where you're shooting down other RC planes, Flight School was difficult first time round, but bomed a lot easier once you discover how to properly control the planes, In fact my least favourite mission is waiting for the slag you're dating to actually be at home so I can take her out and rob her ass blind, but thats more the "I'll see if she's in, no, shit, come back 6 hours later, still not in", repeat. I swear to god she once seemed to work an 80 hour shift.

My hated levels are:

Cortana on Halo 3, just for how irritating the contantly respawning flood get.

Level 2 Page 1 on Comix Zone, pure irritation.

Level 9 on Nibbles

Jade's Desert on MK3/UMK3/Trilogy, wasted potential.

Reverboat shooting gallery on Resi 5 Expert difficulty, Sheva looks at me, watches me die, then axcys gutted about it, REVIVE ME IF YOU CARE SO MUCH YOU FUCKING WHORE!

One of the later levels in Ridge Racer PSP, opponents seem to have infinite boost, you have 3 tanks, no refills.

Jade's Desert on MK3/UMK3/Trilogy, wasted potential.

Because there was no stage fatality? I hated that too.

That and they could've made it more interesting, and it makes no sense, Cyrax is stuck in the desert before he wins the tournament, but he only gets stuck there after beating Khan.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I was thinking of scariest moments in games earlier because I was playing through Thief: Deadly Shadows again, and anybody who has played this game will know why I'd nominate it.

Two words: Shalebridge Cradle.

Edit: To clarify, I am in no way suggesting this is a bad level or anything approaching it, infact the use of sound and the atmosphere created is absolutely stunning but jesus christ it's terrifying. I realise this probably goes against the nature of the thread, but again, I didn't feel the need to start a brand new one. Besides, this one could use some life.

• 1 year later...

Pretty big bump here.

Anyways, I've hit the wall with something. A level I've tried a bunch of times now every now and then and I just can't bring myself to finish it. I am talking about the ending of Half-Life 2 Episode 2.

Strider_crouched.jpg

See these fuckers? They're pretty tricky to kill, especially when you have fuck all ammo and have a ton of enemies bearing down on you. You have to defend a base station by fighting off a bunch of them. They come from different parts of the map and you usually take on one at a time and it's tough but doable until the game decides to reveal how much it hates you by throwing THREE of them at you at once, along with various other bad guys.

It's impossible. I have no doubt TripleA or someone else will come along now and marvel at how easy they found it, but I have officially given up on this. For me the game ends when the three fuckers show up. Bleak and grim but the only ending I can accept lest I throw my controller through the television and into the murky world that lies beyond.

• Paid Members

Ghostbusters 2 for the Spectrum. Once you get to the Statue of Liberty stage, you could never end the level without losing all you positive mood slime, which meant you couldnt progress to fight Vigo. Never did complete it. Thats the beauty of Youtube. You can see the ending to all the old games you were terrible at back then.

• Paid Members

Na man, I feel for you. Personally I can't stand the Half Life games, they suffer from "BioShock Syndrome" in which they're pretty special on the first run through, but become infinitely dull any time after. I didn't play Ep.1 or Ep.2 because trying to suffer through just Half Life 2 was too much for me. I started them, but it was more of the same and ultimately put me off.

My dad got stuck on the exact same bit as you however, and watching him slave over it for hours getting nowhere is enough to show how frustrating and tough it is. If you havn't done it yet, I'd check some Youtube walkthrough vids, they might show a few tricks and tactics for dodging them or finding stuff.

• Moderators
Ghostbusters 2 for the Spectrum. Once you get to the Statue of Liberty stage, you could never end the level without losing all you positive mood slime, which meant you couldnt progress to fight Vigo. Never did complete it. Thats the beauty of Youtube. You can see the ending to all the old games you were terrible at back then.

I could never get passed the Marshmallow man on the first game. Took about an hour to get to that stage too.

Archived