"Your least favourite level"

FLips

• Paid Members

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

I'm not sure whether this would ultimately be my least favourite level in the game itself, as I've not got past it yet to see if I'm equally as challenged on the rest of the game. That aside, it's certainly my least favourite level period. What level is it? One where I'm being shot at? No, although "Just Business" and "Wrong Side of the Tracks" were a tad testing. Prepare to laugh hard:

Learing To Fly:

t-lesson.jpg

:(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

I'm not sure whether this would ultimately be my least favourite level in the game itself, as I've not got past it yet to see if I'm equally as challenged on the rest of the game. That aside, it's certainly my least favourite level period. What level is it? One where I'm being shot at? No, although "Just Business" and "Wrong Side of the Tracks" were a tad testing. Prepare to laugh hard:

Learing To Fly:

t-lesson.jpg

:(

:yinyang: I 100% agree with you on this, it took me a fucking lifetime to overcome this level.

• Paid Members

I didn't find that one as bad as another flying mission on San Andreas where you had to fly through coronas. I think it was the last learning mission but I can't remember what it was called. Either way, unless I was doing it wrong, it took me 45 fucking minutes from start to finish to do it as it took you all over the map. Utterly fucking tedious pile of shit.

• Paid Members
I didn't find that one as bad as another flying mission on San Andreas where you had to fly through coronas. I think it was the last learning mission but I can't remember what it was called.

My memory isn't too good what with the names of the levels, but the level I gave up playing on involved going through a circle of the fuckers. :/

• Moderators

I can imagine the flying missions were annoying for many. Luckily I am very adept at flying games and as such FLEW THROUGH THEM (pun not intended lol). I will admit that the controls do suck arse though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, my first play through I just couldn't get through that last level of flying school at all. In the end, I waited for my housemate to get that far and then copied his gamesave after he did it.

On my second playthrough, I read online that if you change the camera position to the one that would be mounted on the bonnet if you were driving a car it's much easier. I really, really is.

• Moderators
I can imagine the flying missions were annoying for many. Luckily I am very adept at flying games and as such FLEW THROUGH THEM (pun not intended lol). I will admit that the controls do suck arse though.

That's nothing to brag about... I bet you played MS Flight Sim as a child, you big dork. :sneaky:

As my anger suggests, I too hated the learning to fly bit on San Andreas.

Wish I knew that. I always got past the mission the dirty way. Spawning a jetback, triggering the train, and floating along up to the train with Uzi #1 & Uzi #2.

You must be seriously crap at games if you had to cheat to get past that mission. It's not that hard.

Of course it's not. It's just annoying in that petty fucking way that makes me want to spawn a jetpack than risk fucking up the mission ;).

• Moderators
That's nothing to brag about... I bet you played MS Flight Sim as a child, you big dork. :sneaky:

As an adult too :nerd:

I took some stuff to a carboot sale once with this bloke I know, and a nerdy looking customer was talking to him for ages and ages. I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying, but I picked out the spod type telling him "...you honestly haven't lived until you've tried it, there's no experience like it."

Yeah, he was talking about MS Flight Sim.

After I'd finished GTA:SA Flight School, I felt like I could achieve anything. Apart from those fucking Zero levels, of course.

• Paid Members

Firstly, every 'secret' boss from FF7-9 (I didn't even get round to finding the 10s). They have the highest health of any villain in the game, there is almost always one *and only one* strategy to beat them that will take the best part of an hour, any deviation from this will kill you outright and some of them look like they were designed on the back of a fag packet (yes I mean you, Ozma - the most horribly improbable boss in the history of everything) The only saving grace in #8's case is to refine a large number of invincibility potions by cheating at the card game, which adds a year onto the completion... or you can fluke at Selphie's limit breaker to find the cheapest spell in history, 'The End'. THE case against turn-based RPGs, but when you find them you've come that far so fuck it- why not humiliate yourself to your inner geek?

Secondly, "Schism" by Tool on GH: World Tour. Boring, drony tune with a horribly repetitive chart that's easy to telegraph without thinking about it.

My main choice, far from being impossible, is Zephon's Lair from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. Whereas it's my least favourite to be fair it is probably the best level in the game- larger & longer than the rest, the puzzles are more spread out and varied, the music is pretty much perfect and most of all the 'fodder' villains are tough to kill- unless you're packing a staff you are pretty much screwed if you take a hit.

Archived