Frantic Planet: Volume II

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators

Hello, sir!

After a terrorist attack on the capital leaves a wounded nation unified in panic and collectively grieving for an infant killed in the blast, one man finds his own special way of coping with a sudden growing sense of isolation. Meanwhile, a disparate group of damaged D-listers undertake a last-ditch journey to reinvent themselves and shake loose the labels that define them. Millard's follow-up to 2006's first volume is a book of fame and identity, obsession and social shame, and of broken people who feel increasingly further away in a world that grows smaller each day.

5740_106071416985_556411985_2599345_8312398_n.jpg

Yes, it's the moment you've all been waiting for. Right now, it's available in the following places:

UK: Amazon and Waterstones.

US: Amazon.

Amazon.co.uk's estimated dispatch date should drop to 24 hours once they get a bunch of orders and get a load of stock in. I expect Play.com to follow shortly.

For either country, you can buy it from Lulu.com. I do get the most money this way, but the postage isn't free.

There's a big FAQ here containing everything you need to know, but for the benefit of my old friend the UKFF, I'll paste a couple of relevant questions.

I have read Volume I, how does Volume II compare?

For a start, it

• Moderators
I'm having this. Loved the first one and this one sounds on another level. Out of curiosity and I might be a bit of a nosey bastard but did you make much moolah off the first one?

Without wanting to make the first one sound like The Hungry Caterpillar, because it is good and I still want people to buy it, I think the two are almost incomparable in scope.

I didn't make enough to buy a gold house, for sure, but I probably did a bit better than average for releases of that type.

Has a certain Cromer "Journalist" offered to review it yet, Stuart?

I bought and enjoyed the first one, so I'll be purchasing a copy of this when I get some cash. Which may probably be never. Got a gig this week though so we'll see how it goes.

• Moderators

Alas I am once again doomed to failure without the massive exposure I'll be missing out on.

Any chance of them ever being released in an eBook format?

Absolutely never. I figure with my internet downloading Karma, I'd sell one copy and have it passed around like a wooden-fannied Dickension prostitute.

I would have got it up on the Amazon Kindle store, but you need a US bank account, US Social Security number and so on. Fastest growing literary market and the Europeans are frozen out.

• Admin

I never read all of Volume 1 because I am an idiot and I am rubbish at making time to read. What I did read I loved and I will make the effort and finish it and get Volume 2. In fact I can think of a few people I know who would enjoy it so I could become your literary pimp. I'll want a taste, of course.

On the Kindle thing, that's suprising. I am anticipating in the next 12 months Apple will smash the kindle with something of their own though which will no doubt find you a much bigger potential audience of hip brand whores. It makes logical sense, they have cornered the online digital media market for apps, games, music, video(ish) so they must be looking at books for sure. Just call me Nostramoomus.

• Paid Members

Alas I am once again doomed to failure without the massive exposure I'll be missing out on.

Yeah, just imagine the benefit you'd get from that extra 500,000 knowing about it.

Archived