The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Great first day, that, really enjoyed it. Pretty good day for England, if they can get to 400 I reckon they could take this first test.

What a pillock Pietersen is though.

• Paid Members
Boycs was swearing blue murder at him on TMS.

How does everyone else enjoy their Cricket? I use the Sky Sports pictures with TMS on my radio.

Same here, but only if they're in sync. I was going to listen to Sky today though until I found out Shane Warne wasn't going to be on until later in the series. Knackers.

• Paid Members

Listen to the radio whilst at work, the joys of being self employed :thumbsup:

Honours even today I thought. Yes KP did get out to a crap shot but he plays that way whether he is on 1 or 101 and he averages 50+ so leave him alone. He knew he had made a mistake.

350ish is probably par on that wicket for the first innings so we will need to bowl well when its our turn.

• Paid Members
Honours even today I thought. Yes KP did get out to a crap shot but he plays that way whether he is on 1 or 101 and he averages 50+ so leave him alone. He knew he had made a mistake.

Just after he came in the England team I'd have been the first to defend him. But the fact is that now he's far too good to be getting out playing ridiculous shots like that. You would practically never see Tendulkar, Ponting, Kallis, Mohammad Yousuf, Sangakkara and any of the other world's best batsmen even attempting such a crap shot. As long as he's doing things like that, he cannot possibly be regarded as one of the very best, and I say that as one of his fans. He handed the initiative back to the Aussies completely unnecessarily.

• Moderators

Geoffrey Boycott's hatred of any shot that rises more than 3 inches off the ground meant he went on a right whinge about it. "A Dozy so and so" was one of the things he called KP.

Boycs is brill.

• Paid Members
Geoffrey Boycott's hatred of any shot that rises more than 3 inches off the ground meant he went on a right whinge about it. "A Dozy so and so" was one of the things he called KP.

Boycs is brill.

He's a big fan of Twenty20, apparently. SYNTAX ERROR.

• Paid Members

Just after he came in the England team I'd have been the first to defend him. But the fact is that now he's far too good to be getting out playing ridiculous shots like that. You would practically never see Tendulkar, Ponting, Kallis, Mohammad Yousuf, Sangakkara and any of the other world's best batsmen even attempting such a crap shot. As long as he's doing things like that, he cannot possibly be regarded as one of the very best, and I say that as one of his fans. He handed the initiative back to the Aussies completely unnecessarily.

They had the initiative at 97-3 on a flat track. KP and Collingwood took it back from them. The trouble with KP is if you take the risky shot out of his game he has nothing. He bats in a very similar way to the great Viv Richards. I am not saying he is as good as Viv, but if you want him to score runs and be the best batsmen in your team its the rough you have to take with the smooth, the same as Viv was. KP will never change, but he will score a lot of runs for England, and doubtless he will get out in comedy ways in the future as well.

What a ridiculously woeful start to The Ashes 2009.

England have no chance of reclaiming them this summer.

How can you say that they have no chance? It's the 1st Test match for crying out loud.

Because England are shit.

I feel thats reason enough.

What a ridiculously woeful start to The Ashes 2009.

England have no chance of reclaiming them this summer.

How can you say that they have no chance? It's the 1st Test match for crying out loud.

Because England are shit.

I feel thats reason enough.

If that's your opinion the to be honest you know nowt about cricket. England are a very good test side and have the ability to beat anyone, especially at home.

Back to todays action, not really how I expected the innings to go but the result was how I'd hoped we'd end up - 400+ at lunch on day 2, pitch taking spin - all in all, looking good. A wicket before lunch would very be nice.

Edited by Dazzer