The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

Looking forward to today a lot, win the toss, bat first and through to tomorrow lunchtime against a lacklustre convict attack. Pitch will turn later so the toss is very important as you'd rather not be chasing on the final day.

I think to call the aussie attack lacklusture is a little naive. Sure they don't have mcgrath or warne but the likes of Johnson and Siddle will give us problems, thier lack of spin options will limit Punter though. I think universally everyone agrees to win the toss and choose to bat. If we can do that and post 400 odd I think we're in for a win. Hopefully Cook can continue his form at the top and Strauss is a big game player so I'm happy there if they can put a strong opening partnership together and really set the tone for the series.

• Paid Members

England have gone with Monty, which I'm not terribly happy about. But the Aussies have dumped Clark and picked Hauritz AND Hilfenhaus! England absolutely have to get 450+ against this attack. If they don't, they won't have a better chance all summer.

I think to call the aussie attack lacklusture is a little naive. Sure they don't have mcgrath or warne but the likes of Johnson and Siddle will give us problems, thier lack of spin options will limit Punter though. I think universally everyone agrees to win the toss and choose to bat. If we can do that and post 400 odd I think we're in for a win. Hopefully Cook can continue his form at the top and Strauss is a big game player so I'm happy there if they can put a strong opening partnership together and really set the tone for the series.

When you look at their performance against the Lions where the only Aussie bowler to show anything was Brett Lee I think you can very much call their attack lacklustre.

• Paid Members
Hilfenhaus is in form though. We've won the toss which is excellent, come on England!

He hasn't played a match all tour. His test record to date is crap. He really isn't.

• Paid Members
What a ridiculously woeful start to The Ashes 2009.

England have no chance of reclaiming them this summer.

2 hours' play gone. These matches last 5 days, you know.