Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Thinking the crowd might not have got their money's worth here:-

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1208800/scorecard/1208804/nepal-women-vs-maldives-women-1st-match-south-asian-games-womens-cricket-competition-2019-20

Shout-out to Anjali Chand for the bowling figures of 2.1-2-0-6. Almost as impressive as my first year inter-form match figures of 4-3-5-4.

I'm so upset by this. I'm not old enough to have seen him play during his great career but he's easily one of the best and most honest sports pundits I've ever heard. I'm going to miss him so much.

I was devistated when I saw that he had gone. A true national treasure...

Aw.

I'd always been noisy about just hjow much I loved him just as much for his broadcasting as his wrold class fat bowling. A huge loss.

Brilliant from Stokes again. Where he gets that energy from on 5th days is something to behold. Utter Box Office.

Really big boost for the side. Would fancy a series win now. Pleased for Root as well. He gets a lot of stick as Captain but I don't see anyone else who could step up

2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Brilliant from Stokes again. Where he gets that energy from on 5th days is something to behold. Utter Box Office.

Really big boost for the side. Would fancy a series win now. Pleased for Root as well. He gets a lot of stick as Captain but I don't see anyone else who could step up

I dont think he is a good captain myself but there honestly isnt an obvious replacement.

4 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I dont think he is a good captain myself but there honestly isnt an obvious replacement.

He had an excellent day today though. His bowling changes were really impressive and his field settings were pro-active rathern reactive. Great test match, that.

23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He had an excellent day today though. His bowling changes were really impressive and his field settings were pro-active rathern reactive. Great test match, that.

Yes absolutely correct. I think the issue with Root and Cook before him is experience. They both will have had little to no chance to captain in county cricket.