The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

This is getting embarrasing now. 629-5 and they're really picking up the pace before probably declaring around tea and putting us under massive pressure. We really need some rain to rescue us now.

I wouldn't worry so much, Australia should declare within the next half hour if they really want to try and pick the 'win' up.

Because if it rains like forecasted atleast they will have a full day tomorrow to try and bowl England out.

Australia are nearly 200 runs ahead.

Edited by feelthebang

I haven't been able to watch much of this test because i haven't been here but i'm not that dissapointed. Seems a pretty dull start to an Ashes series. There is barely any atmosphere in the ground but England's lacklustre bowling (Panesar, Swann, Broad) probably doesn't help with that. Just doesn't seem like the start of an Ashes series, pitch has been a bit like some from the winter overseas. Game should be a draw now though. 1-0 or 1-1 in the series might be a good bet. The highlight of this morning was the Barmy Army trumpeter playing home and away :laugh:

What test is Shane Warne joining the commentary team then? they've been hyping him up for months then he doesn't start straightaway. Pah.

EDIT - Oh dear, this could turn into a heavy defeat.

Edited by Baz Windham

What an innings by Collingwood and the tail enders, and test cricket is dull

New pants please!!

My god that was painful for a draw. Played poorly throughout but Collingwood and then Jimmy and Monty showed real determination. It was like the West Indies in the winter all over again but with the roles reversed for England. After such a fantastic finish you'll still get the usual 5 days for a draw? that's shit. Tossers. Still i enjoyed it and it had me on the edge of my seat. Roll on Lords!

Was a cracking end to the match, every ball was tense. Im no expert, so can someone explain to me why Ponting was using two spinners at the end? Especially against Monty, shouldnt he be have at least one pace bowler attacking him? Had he just lost confidence in the pace men?

• Paid Members
Was a cracking end to the match, every ball was tense. Im no expert, so can someone explain to me why Ponting was using two spinners at the end? Especially against Monty, shouldnt he be have at least one pace bowler attacking him? Had he just lost confidence in the pace men?

Well, I figured he'd use North for one over so he could get through an over quickly and therefore have an extra over at the end from one of his pacemen - but then he used North for a second over. So I don't know what he was doing really. He's copped some real flak down under over the last year or so for his bowling changes in test matches, and I suspect he may cop some more.

Yeah, you'd have thought Hilfenhaus was a shoe-in for overs at the end, with his accurate bowling Monty was bound to miss one. Johnson on the other hand was a mess in the afternoon. As Ian Botham said when looking at his pitch map "you wouldn't get that pattern with a shotgun."