The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

What a ridiculously woeful start to The Ashes 2009.

England have no chance of reclaiming them this summer.

How can you say that they have no chance? It's the 1st Test match for crying out loud.

Because England are shit.

I feel thats reason enough.

If that's your opinion the to be honest you know nowt about cricket. England are a very good test side and have the ability to beat anyone, especially at home.

No you're right I don't.

but if it weren't for KP, English cricket would be in a more sorry state than it already is.

• Paid Members
No you're right I don't.

but if it weren't for KP, English cricket would be in a more sorry state than it already is.

If you don't know anything about cricket then why are you in here talking about cricket? And talking nonsense while you're at it?

What a ridiculously woeful start to The Ashes 2009.

England have no chance of reclaiming them this summer.

How can you say that they have no chance? It's the 1st Test match for crying out loud.

Because England are shit.

I feel thats reason enough.

England ain't shit, sure they sometimes suffer when they travel to play in other countries, but there a damn good side on home soil. They won the Ashes on home soil not that many years ago, so how you can rule them out of the test match baffles me.

KP is the best thing for English cricket? I will admit that he is a superb player, but the same was said about Marcus Trescothick and Michael Vaughan ages ago aswell, and what happened there? both players form dipped badly and they lost there places, now if KP plays shit in a series the same will happen to him.

Edited by feelthebang

I will admit that he is a superb player, but the same was said about Marcus Trescothick and Michael Vaughan ages ago aswell, and what happened there?

Tresco went a bit mental and Vaughan became perma-injured.

Indeed.

Fingers crossed KP can continue to shine in this series.

• Paid Members
Graeme Hick should be the No.3 for England.

They really fucked Hick's career by constantly carting him up and down the order and dropping him. If they'd have left him alone at number 3 and not arsed around with him he would have scored over 10,000 runs for England, no doubt about it.

Graeme Hick should be the No.3 for England.

They really fucked Hick's career by constantly carting him up and down the order and dropping him. If they'd have left him alone at number 3 and not arsed around with him he would have scored over 10,000 runs for England, no doubt about it.

Got to agre with most of that (not sure about 10,000 runs though). I recall at on point England having him bat as low as 7 or 8 which is utterly ridiculous.

FrankSidebottom, I think you should do the text updates on the BBC, also Boycott is immense. He is far and away my favourite wife beater of all time. [Frank]Four hours it took him to give her a black eye[/skinner]

No you're right I don't.

If you don't know anything about cricket then why are you in here talking about cricket? And talking nonsense while you're at it?

I do really. I like cricket. thats why I'm here talking nonsense.

I just don't see how the current England team can match up and beat The Aussies this year. I have my doubts that the bowling attack can take 20 wickets, Strauss will probably forget how to declare again even if the front line batsmen do manage to build a big lead.

The Aussies might be weaker than previous years, but when all we can boast is Monty Panesar (god love him) and Ravi Bopara, things don't look great.

Edited by Ricc1PW

• Moderators

Geoffrey Boycott has changed his opinion of Ponting today. Yesterday he was average and didn't have a cricketing brain, today he's one of the world's best. I imagine Boycott wants him to lower his strike rate though, he's hitting the ball a bit much. Did anyone find that 435 in 4 sessions was a very Unenglish score? Should have been about 178-7 by that point.

Edited by FrankSidebottom

• Paid Members
I do really. I like cricket. thats why I'm here talking nonsense.

I just don't see how the current England team can match up and beat The Aussies this year. I have my doubts that the bowling attack can take 20 wickets, Strauss will probably forget how to declare again even if the front line batsmen do manage to build a big lead.

The Aussies might be weaker than previous years, but when all we can boast is Monty Panesar (god love him) and Ravi Bopara, things don't look great.

Who said 'all we can boast' is Panesar and Bopara? Why pick on Bopara, a man who has recently scored three test centuries in a row and looked really good in the 1st innings until he got a corking slower ball?

The fact is that you went on a knee-jerk reaction after 2 hours of play and England posted well over 400 as a result. The two teams are evenly matched and there is clearly no gaping chasm in class between the two teams any more.