The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Well, I had a lump in my throat more than once today. It was certainly the right time for Cook to call it a day, but there were two players playing today who's records I can see standing for a long, long time(if they are ever beat). Well played Cook lad, and congrats to Jimmy Anderson too on equaling Glen McGrath's wicket record...

• Paid Members

Tea on the final day and India have a sniff at a completely improbable win here. What a fantastic testament to the long form of the game this has been. I've never seen a series ebb and flow quite like it. Might be my favourite to watch since the '05 Ashes, or possibly the win in India a few years back.

• Paid Members

Brilliant final days play today. To have all three results still possible, along with the sub plot of Jimmy Anderson striving to break Glenn McGrath's record made it a great watch.

I think we're really going to miss Cook in the near future. I know he hasn't been in any kind of form in the past two summers, but he was still head and shoulders above the likes of Jennings, who can thank Cook's decision to retire for giving him another bite at the cherry when they go to the sub-continent. I don't think there is any doubt that he would have been fucked off in favour of Burns if Cook was going on tour...

• Paid Members

I fucking love test cricket. You can't beat it. Anyone who says it's boring and takes five days before ending in a draw ... you're missing out!

The Rashid ball, just in case anyone missed it. Filth!

Edited by Chunk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Chris Woakes not playing has disappointed me greatly, for obvious reasons.

But at least Foakes has justified my noisy advocacy of him. YJB must be shitting it now though. Any chance he can open? Jennings saved himself again today, cunt.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I think that might have been the best debut innings by an England batsman since Root in India. He looked totally composed and had a complete plan for what he was doing the whole way through. Played brilliantly. Imagine what score we could have got if the top order wasn't so totally shit.

• Moderators

The new ball shouldn't be a problem in Sri Lanka, the air is dry and so is the wicket, so the fact we still had to rely on (My Mancrush) Sam Curran and the rest of the lower order is pretty shocking.

I'm starting to come around to your Roy/Hales opening partnership gambit you made in here.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I'm starting to come around to your Roy/Hales opening partnership gambit you made in here.

I noticed that Roy's been called up for some England Lions games including some four day stuff. They wouldn't bother him for that if they didn't have test plans for him, would they? The dream's still on!

• Paid Members

Moeen isn't a 3. Stokes isn't a 5. I know it would be different if YJB was fit but that would probably have just meant Foakes wouldn't have played. 

I am hoping for a game where Stokes, Foakes, and Woakes all play. Possibly bring in the ghost of John Noakes as well. He knew how to play with a straight bat against spin and Shep could fetch the ball after it gets smashed for 6.