The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Fleming and Boycott are fine by me, and Gilchrist. I'd rather listen to Toploader than Mitchell though.

Nah, I love Sky's commentary team, I still think they're easily the best in the business. Even their B-team of Key, Butcher, Colville and the rest are pretty good. I can't fucking stand Swann.

• Paid Members

I hate Vaughan more. Outside of his Victorian attitude to mental health problems, comes across as a complete sad-sack who's attempts to be 'one of the lads' are somewhere between Partridge and Brent. If he had not have been blessed with cricketing talent, he would have been down Spoons with a pint and a copy of the Racing Post every morning.

Fucking look at him:

20813953_10214119312557039_1849366997_n.

• Paid Members

Looks like Warner and Marsh might miss out. If Starc and Cummins don't turn up for the Aussies, and I have a feeling Cummins might not, then there's no reason England can't win this. That four man bowling attack with Lyon having to bowl tons of overs is a real risk.

Let's face it, they're both average sides with a couple of superstars. If England get twatted by this lot then they're truly awful. But that could work vice versa.

• Moderators

It's just sunk in that after James Vince gets dropped following the 3rd test he'll be replaced by Gary Ballance. Graeme Hick is in Australia. Call him up. After 2 overs I'm already expecting to be 40-2 by lunch and we'really 2-0

• Paid Members

Wish Root could have got through the day. Narrowly Australia's, especially if you look at what is to come batting wise (stating the obvious, but what a difference Stokes would make at this point). It's a weird, weird pitch that is not anything like what I would have expected at the GABBA and consequently, quite hard to say what a good score is. Generally, you'd think in Australia you need to be looking at 400+. but I am not so sure here if it keeps spinning/quickens up. 

I quite enjoyed the BT commentary. 

• Paid Members

Honestly couldn't have hated the commentary more. Swann was even worse on TV than I imagined he would be. The only saving grace was Sir Geoffrey correcting everyone. As for Matt Smith, it just goes to show how little effort BT Sport have made with this. I wish they'd go out of business.

I think England should have done better. Flat pitch and just letting Lyon bowl 20-odd overs for nothing wasn't the best. Still, the middle order should be more aggressive and hopefully we should get 400. Vince and Stoneman looked good, which was a real bonus.