The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Vince and Ballance. Australia would be pissing themselves if their batting wasn't such a mess as well, but their bowlers might be.

Crane to go on the Ashes tour, Moeen to get injured, and then England to draft in Samit Patel as cover and play him ahead of Crane. Calling it now.

• Paid Members

I can understand Mason Crane being picked, as they obviously see him as the Test teams spinner long term. Might as well have him in and around the squad where the coaching staff can work with him day in, day out. And if conditions suit, or if/when the latter matches are dead rubbers then throw him in there and see if he can make a difference...

Gary Ballance? Fuck me, we're fucking fucked aren't we? And thats coming from a died in the wool Yorkshireman!

• Moderators

Fuck you DLS method. The West Indies were brilliant today, the superior team easily. Unfair result. Chris Gayle even moved, dove bless him, to take a catch. Gutted that Evin Lewis had to retire hurt, he was on for not only Viv's record but 200. What odds would you get on a team having a 176 and a fiverfer and losing in an ODI?

Anyway, fact of the day, Mo has hit 111 off his last 43 balls in white ball cricket. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Somerset stay up! Matt Maynard fired!

What a great few days to be a supporter and glad I went to a couple of days. of it. A really miserable season with a lovely ending and one more chance for Tres to get his CC medal next year (wishful thinking).

Tough choice between wanting Middlesex or Hants to get relegated now. Probably Hants after the neutering of Durham last year and the squad of 11 Kolpaks. Saying that, the incessant Middlesex moaning about the pitch at Taunton means that both options are a positive. 

Edited by Gus Mears

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Ben Stokes has fucked it then? The CCTV shows him knocking one bloke down, then continuing the fight and knocking someone else (possibly the same one) down. Hales was there as well.

Don't know the full story but lots of people claiming the video heavily edited and cuts out the start which saw Stokes sticking up for a couple who receiving homophobic abuse off one of the guys who was also waving a glass bottle about......not sure what to make of it all.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

If he does get binned, I hope they bring in Sam Curran to replace him. But let's face it, we'll probably get Jake Ball.

On this, does anyone understand the point of Jake Ball? Because in my mind, he has to be one of the least inspiring bowlers in years. 

Not quick, right armed, doesn't get much swing or seam and unable to really hit the deck. He doesn't even bat a bit, which seems to be the main skill all England bowlers need at the moment.

• Paid Members

When he made his test debut, his pace was pretty good, he was around 90mph. But he looks like one of those bowlers who the speed gun says is fast but he doesn't look even slightly threatening with it.

Since then he's just been ODI cannon fodder. The new Chris Jordan. At least Jordan's a great fielder and can bat.

• 1 month later...