The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It's the insanity/beauty of cricket that this results in a draw. Can you imagine if the commentary line had been "Agueroooooooo-oh somebody's fired a crossbow on the pitch. We'll call it a draw, so United win the league."

22 minutes ago, JNLister said:

It's the insanity/beauty of cricket that this results in a draw. Can you imagine if the commentary line had been "Agueroooooooo-oh somebody's fired a crossbow on the pitch. We'll call it a draw, so United win the league."

It would have been Joey Barton trying to take out another City player.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, JNLister said:

To be fair John they were about to go into the last hour of the game, Middlesex were 170 odd runs ahead with 3 wickets left and Surrey still had their second innings. It was going to be a draw anyway. 

• Paid Members

I've taken the important executive decision to not renew my Somerset membership unless Matt Maynard gets fired at the end of the year. Seeing this useless, chest-thumping, prick, slowly ruin a club I hold so dear is horrible. The most depressing season as a Somerset fan I can remember, and think of the ground that covers. Players quite blatantly downing tools (Hildreth and Allenby), selling top prospects half way through the year (Hose), telling people their contracts are not going to be retained half way through the year (Allenby, Leask, Waller), stuffing the team with utter shit from the reserves (Byrom/Rouse) when you have proven pros with a bit of bottle like Trego playing second X1 cricket at the vale. Giving the captaincy to a 12 year old who averages 29 as a no.3 batsman. 

A horrible, wretched and miserable season. I'd take relegation if it meant the management structure is demolished and started anew. We don't deserve some great escape with the shameful way we have performed with the bat this year. The bowlers can hold their heads high. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Toblerone back in instead of Woakes tomorrow. Toby is a more accurate bowler than Woakes anyway and Woakes is unfit. Would have liked to have seen Crane come in though as Lords spins. 

It's a shame England managed to be shit at Headingly, as I feel Crane would have had a shot at playing if the series was won. 

• Paid Members

Awesome day of cricket. Wonderful play and a degree of emotion with it being Blofeld's last match. Got to think that may well be curtains for Westley, didn't look like getting a run while dibbing and dobbing everything to fielders at a snails pace.

Meanwhile, Marcus Trescothick's gut scored a great century and Somerset are in danger of winning a county match, The hope kills you.

• Moderators

Westley is a strange one. He looked far more assured in his debut and has declined every time out in the middle since. He looked like he had the technical ability for test more than Jennings, Malan or Stoneman, but his bottle has gone. 

• Paid Members

Big news in the County Championship today as Essex won the title for the first time since 1992 Somerset may well have climbed out of the relegation places for the first time in about four months. I'm going to be at the final game against Middlesex, which may well decide our mutual fates. Would love to send them down after the contrived declaration last year (which we probably would have done too, but partisanship).

• Paid Members

The last Sussex game of the season has been on my radar, but we haven't had the superb September weather of recent years this year, so I'm probably not going to bother. We're mid table div 2 mediocrity anyway.