The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

11 hours ago, JNLister said:

Anyone know why in the T20 group stage they only play 14 games (six opponents home and away, one only at home, one only away) rather than the seemingly more sensible "play everyone home and away"? Surely they could squeeze in two extra games, particularly given they are meant to be money-spinners.

No, but I do know that this is also the format for Division Two of the County Championship this season, which is even more scandalous (along with day-night matches and the forthcoming city-based competition).

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

My noisy advocation of Toby Roland-Jones has been vindicated. Just call me the ORACLE. 

I was advocating anyone but Dawson. I'd have been happy to see Peter Martin back.

Stokes' knock was a blinder. You can see why they were eager to keep him at 6. Just needs to add consistency to his game now.

• Paid Members

Has anyone seen what Philander is suffering from anywhere? All I've heard is it's a stomach bug, but would they really keep him in hospital with just a stomach bug?

• Paid Members

Watching Kevin Pietersen's batting masterclass on Sky. Still love KP, I'm convinced he would still be scoring loads of runs for England if he was still in the teams. Ridiculous that he's not still in it, really.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Watching Kevin Pietersen's batting masterclass on Sky. Still love KP, I'm convinced he would still be scoring loads of runs for England if he was still in the teams. Ridiculous that he's not still in it, really.

Completely agree. Got to still be one of the most naturally talented batsmen around. Certainly one of the most entertaining...  

• Moderators

His Square Cut was a thing of beauty. Don't understand how players like Ramps, Hick, and Crawley would get lots of chances (not knocking their abilities, if the selectors and captains had faith they would have had great careers), but Smith was thrown by the wayside by 33 playing off a 40odd average. Granted, he was suspect against finger spin, but he was fearless and dominant against fast, or even express bowling. A man with balls to not wear a helmet against the Windies and cut them for four over and over is a man with a dick made of granite. 

Edited by PowerButchi