The Official UKFF Top 50 Games List

Onyx2

I'm quite surprised that ... Call Of Duty 4 made it in as well.

I'm quite surprised it was so low. It's the most extraordinary production, and the best of that entire genre of modern war FPSes. I was certainly expecting it to be in the Top 20 at least.

:yinyang: I've never played it before for some reason, i really enjoy FPS games as well so maybe's i should give it a shot.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two entries so far for me (heelo 3 and harvest moon). Two quotes in there too. For the record I hate excel and all it stands for. Charts would be grand though. Sterling work on the presentation front garrence, nicely done.

Damn, I thought you loved it with all the spreadsheet based distractions. I guess it's making the most of a bunch of rocks for entertainment.

Yes, I also forgot to praise the presentation. Screenshots are nice, and I think people are pleased there are quite a few UKFF quotes. I've had 1 of my picks so far and I honestly don't expect another to appear. Being quoted was nice, but reading it back, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense :(

One thing, which is personal opinion, is I'd rather not have the list of what will come beforehand. There's something satisfying about scrolling down to see them. I couldn't help myself when I saw the list and began reading it. It's silly, as I will find out imminently what the countdown is, but I wanted to know if it's just me who thinks this...

One thing, which is personal opinion, is I'd rather not have the list of what will come beforehand. There's something satisfying about scrolling down to see them. I couldn't help myself when I saw the list and began reading it. It's silly, as I will find out imminently what the countdown is, but I wanted to know if it's just me who thinks this...

He added the list just after entry number 41 in the coutdown but it did cath me out as well. From this point forward it shouldn't be a problem as I'm assuming that Black2 will continue to add to the list on page1 so none of us will see it when we enter the thread.

Of the 10 so far, none of my votes are in hence, none of my comments (duh :sleeping: ). Ive played, and by that had more than 30 mins on, 3 of the games, and own a whole one of them. That game is WCW/REVENGE, and its a fairly recent purchase too. Really Missed out alot of this gen mainly cos I havent got this gen console yet.

Never got the appeal of Donkey Kong Country Series. So it had the Silicon Graphics ( forget the name of the computer but theyd bang on about it on Bad Influence and in mags for hours) Played on it round me mates and just couldnt see what the fuss is about.

CandC is all about Tesla Tanks.. and iam not even sure what version they were in. Me bro was into this, watched him play it, but wasnt impressed, considering what I voted for that isnt a million miles away is worrying.

I had International Superstar Soccer Pro, on the Ps1 but dont thing that its the same game as the one being mentioned....

I havea feeling that my choices were a bit too old school now, hey ho I know, or at least am pretty sure some will appear ffurther up.. but the rest wont make the 100 list i reckon, nevermind..

Let the countdown continue, this is good shit as they say

Edited by patdfb

• Awards Moderator

He added the list just after entry number 41 in the coutdown but it did cath me out as well. From this point forward it shouldn't be a problem as I'm assuming that Black2 will continue to add to the list on page1 so none of us will see it when we enter the thread.

Correctamundo. I will spoilerize the list cos I'm such a nice guy though.

• Awards Moderator

37. Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation)

view_345270_1_1243520566.jpg

Metacritic score: 80

The critics say:

“Involving and exciting characters, storylines, and battles keep you glued to your seat - and keep you from noticing the many hours you spend playing this amazing game.”

-GamePro

“Teens in clam diggers save the world again. Doesn't have "FFVII's" rep, though.”

-EGM

218460-2_super.jpg

UKFFers say:

“The story's pretty good, although it starts to tail off late on but that isn't too important with a few neat subplots; It's pretty easy to get sidetracked and there's more side-stuff on offer than LEVELLING!!1111ONE. One of the better boss fights happens fairly early on under 'exam' conditions. Also the first in the series where you'd want to bone the entire female cast, if you're into.. um.. *whistles*”

“This really is the unsung hero of the Final Fantasy series, the first one i played and the first one to truely hook me to the rest of the series. I can imagine that FVII and probably FFX will rank above this on the list but this game was really great.”

“The most heavily criticised of all the FF games, this one is like marmite. It's a lot different to the others, but the Draw system, coupled with some interesting characters, made for an enjoyable game.”

“Far better than number 7 due to a better story, a better look to the game, and a better feel of comedy throughout it.”

PICTURE A CHILDISH MANBOY HERE WITH SPIKY BLONDE HAIR HOLDING A SWORD BIGGER THAN HE IS

Black2 says:

I wasn’t a fan of VII; dipped my toe back in for X; I just don’t like this series. The same anime stereotype characters + turn-based combat? No thanks. Sure has a bunch o' fans though...

Edited by Black2