The Official UKFF Top 50 Games List

Onyx2

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to see the DKC and SF entries, I picked other games from those series but it was a close-run thing. I acknowledged in my submission that it seemed to be the consensus that DKC2 was the best of the bunch, even though I don't agree, but it's still an awesome game and I can't argue with it being on the list. And we might yet see an earlier SF game appear even higher!

Not surprised to see the macho shooter games on here, but glad they aren't higher. Have a feeling Halo 3's predecessor is still to come though. Didn't realise Harvest Moon had quite such a following here though, never got the appeal of that one.

I almost can't believe I didn't nominate any footie or wrestling games, but the more I thought about it, the less I could justify putting any single one into my top 15. Never played that WCW game. However, checking my shelves, I see I have ISS 98 on the N64 (despite no longer having the console to play it on) which is apparently not the same as ISS 64, so Black2 might have been right the first time and want to re-correct it, unless the PS1 ISS 98 was still very different, but it doesn't look like it from the screenshot.

Happy to see Lemmings in there even though I didn't go for it, fond memories of that one too.

EDIT: Wikipedia says the PS1 and N64 version of ISS 98 were probably different enough to be counted as separate games, but it is true that ISS 64 was a different, earlier, Nintendo-exclusive game.

Edited by Fog Dude

• Awards Moderator

The ISS can o' worms~! I've counted the votes for the PS / N64 games separately, as I understand they are different, but I put both on the header by mistake.

There is still a good chance the screenshot could be wrong version though.

2 of my picks have surfaced already ( wcw/nwo revenge & dkc2 ) I really thought Donkey Kong Country 2 would be higher up it was my 3rd pick. I must say its shaping up well so far even though I havent played 6 games what have been named upto now I've read good things about them.

I'd totally forgot about Lemmings I spent hours trying to beat that game on my Megadrive before nearly smashing my joypad in a rage cos I was so shit haha.

The two ISS titles of that year were by completely different teams. The N64 one was arcadey and Japanesey, the Playstation one was fucking awesome. It's the football game I've spent time with, and I've yet to play another one that was so much fun. 2 player was a riot.

I think the screenshots are PSOne.