The Official UKFF Top 50 Games List

Onyx2

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Great, another game and quote from me (S3&K). Surprised it's so far down though as it's infinitely better than the awful GTA4, and the yearly releases of Pro Evo. It's also better than Sonic 1 but since that's where it started it can be forgiven. GTA 4 and Pro Evo though? Seriously?. I had more faith in you, UKFF.

I didn't see the original Halo coming, but I guess 2 will also appear now.
why?

it was the worst in the series, from both a multiplayer and single player POV.

Well a lot of others seem to have backed up that opinion, so fair enough, and until Black2's metacritic link, I'd never sought evidence (statistical or anecdotal) either way of which Halo game was most popular. I just remember a few years back some mates at college and my sister's then-boyfriend both raving about it, but unlike the DKC trilogy I'm not gonna claim to know all about it, so I can accept that Halo 2 was worse than the others.

There seems to be a pattern emerging of entries falling into three reactions from me: 'right series, wrong game', 'soccer overkill, yet still no management sims?!?' and 'huh?'. Only Elder Scrolls caused the last response out of the latest ten - nothing against it, just had no idea it was so popular - but even so it's a surprising order.

First I regretted not going for S3&K because I didn't know if it would count as one game, then I saw Sonic 1 was higher and despaired. No accounting for taste. The second screenshot is from the vastly... heck, infinitely superior Sonic 2 anyway. I also take issue with the idea that Sonic 3's soundtrack wasn't up to scratch. The boss music wasn't as epic as 2's and yeah, no single level was audibly quite up to some of the stuff from the first 2 games, but it was still more than all right. Flying Battery Zone still sounds awesome.

I'm glad Pokemon made the list. I thought the gameboy version was brilliant and is worthy of a top 50 and number 26 is probably about right. Was very addictive and probably the best gameboy game I have ever bought.