OOOLD SCHOOOOL

JLM

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team nWo ( Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Randy Savage and Hollywood Hogan ) vs. Team Piper ( Roddy Piper, Jeff Jarrett, Steve McMichael and Chris Benoit ) vs. Team WCW ( Lex Luger, The Giant and Scott Steiner )

Totally just to satisfy my curiosity, but was there a storyline reason why team wcw was a man down?

I think it had something to do with Sting and whether he would show up to be a member of team WCW, but he didnt show up till after the match had finished by coming down from the rafters and then wiped out the NWO.

Rick Steiner was supposed to be in the team, but nWo in all of their madness, decided to ram into the back of the Steiners car when they seen it. Rick Steiner threw something at them which made them laugh and then they rammed them off the road, sending the car flying. The nWo shocked themselves with that one. "Lets get outta here.".

It was supposed to be Rick and not Sting in the main event. I'm not sure if Sting was supposed to be a replacement. They mentioned his name but they never mentioned him being part of the WCW team.

This is just fucking great.

Following on from my post the other day, I'm still baffled as to why Ricky Steamboat had a personal ninja who he evidently didn't know the identity of. I tried to find an explanation and I couldn't. But, I did find something better...I bring you :

~!

Mean Gene interviews Steamboat from the Temple of Ching Lao where he is preparing for the World Wrestling Federation, by passing The Three True Tests. Mean Gene describes the bridge of serenity as 'tremendously serene'. Steamboat says it wasn't always so serene and that's where the fun really begins.

Seriously, why have I never seen this before?

Edited by BionicRedneck

I think it had something to do with Sting and whether he would show up to be a member of team WCW, but he didnt show up till after the match had finished by coming down from the rafters and then wiped out the NWO.

Rick Steiner was supposed to be in the team, but nWo in all of their madness, decided to ram into the back of the Steiners car when they seen it. Rick Steiner threw something at them which made them laugh and then they rammed them off the road, sending the car flying. The nWo shocked themselves with that one. "Lets get outta here.".

It was supposed to be Rick and not Sting in the main event. I'm not sure if Sting was supposed to be a replacement. They mentioned his name but they never mentioned him being part of the WCW team.

that was also shown on a episode of Monday Nitro.

I dont think Sting was any part of it. At that stage they was still unsure if he was WCW or NWO as he was just coming down from the rafters with a bat and attacking mainly WCW guys Like Jarrett and Rick Stiener.

Edited by Mr Mojo Rising

Steamboat had a ninja to watch his back. He'd had Rude beaten on a couple of occasions, but Madusa or Paul E. had interfered and cost him the win (and the US title). So he hired a ninja to make sure he'd get a fair fight. But thanks to Madusa's scheming ways, it never worked out that way... :(

• Paid Members

I might be remembering this wrongly, but didn't Jericho have a ninja in his entourage at one point? The Jerichoholic Ninja, I think.

Steamboat had a ninja to watch his back. He'd had Rude beaten on a couple of occasions, but Madusa or Paul E. had interfered and cost him the win (and the US title). So he hired a ninja to make sure he'd get a fair fight. But thanks to Madusa's scheming ways, it never worked out that way... :(

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

I might be remembering this wrongly, but didn't Jericho have a ninja in his entourage at one point? The Jerichoholic Ninja, I think.

Yeah, but he wasn't a real ninja. He was just some guy with a T-shirt with 'Jerichoholic Ninja' on it. I seem to recall Goldberg annihilated him.

Jericho in 1998 was solid gold. Speaking of which - anyone know what happened to Ralphus?

Edited by BionicRedneck

Jericho in 1998 was solid gold. Speaking of which - anyone know what happened to Ralphus?

I'm not sure what he's up to, but I do remember somebody in an interview once saying he became a major diva with a star attitude when he was on TV every week back then. Can you even imagine it??