Have you ever met anyone famous?

• Paid Members

I somehow lucked into a job at ITN a few years back and since then have worked in that industry, at a production house in Soho after ITN and these days at al-jazeera but not for very long as it's shit.

Oh, and somebody else probably remembers more clearly, but Bradshaw took it off him and kept it and *may* have said something or given him a look of death or some such, I can't remember 100%.

Edited by JobberToTheStars

• Paid Members
The only one who was an arsehole was Mark Austin who seems to think he's Jesus Christ or something.

I'm so glad to hear that.

I find him so pompous, arrogant and condescending (which must be pretty difficult to accomplish when your just reading an autocue.) I will continue to make noises when hes on the tv and switch over.

• Paid Members

Yeah, really. I mean, we worked in the Archive so we were basically the Oompa Loompa's of the company, and he used to look at us like we were something he trod on, and would actually order us around. No, "Could you please..." it's "find me *something* I need it immediatly."

Trev, who I only met on a couple of occasions and it's not like we hung out or anything, but he was a good guy. And also, he showed an interest in and subsequently borrowed my copy of Frantic Planet by Sickboy (I hear FP2 is imminent?) and never returned it as I left the company a short while after. Not that I think Mr. Draz believes me.

• Paid Members

Not as far as I remember but to be fair theres lots I don't remember as everybody in the Archive below the age of 25 at that point was a huge stoner and we all spent a lot of time wasted. It was great for me as I did the 1-9pm shift like.

I also "met" Alistar Darling once. We were not introduced but I saw him down Oxford St. one early morning and accidently barged him, earning me angry looks from what I assume was his secret police guard.

I've told this story before on here. When I was in New York for Wrestlemania XX I went to a bar just off Times Square and met Richard Dreyfuss. Long story short I stayed their for the majority of the night whilst he plowed me with drinks. Top bloke doesn't even come close. Proper down to earth & generous chap. By the end of the evening we had affectionate names for each other, I was a "limey bastard" and he was a "fucking yank". :)

When I was 13 I waited outside the NEC before a WWF event to get some autographs. I waited for what seemed like hours and didn't see anyone. Just about to give up when Bret Hart turns up. I waited for him to walk by before I timidly held out my pen and paper and asked for an autograph, and he walked right past me. Prick. All about the fans my arsehole.

Peter Schmeichel, Ronny Johnsen, Karel Poborsky, David May and Gary Pallister, all of whom were very nice and were more than willing to do the photos and autographs, Pally prob being the nicest of the bunch though as he stopped to chat about the forthcoming game against Fenerbache, the game which Man United lost their unbeaten home record in Europe!

Chris Jericho at a Fozzy gig at the Norwich Waterfront, was super friendly, signed a bunch of autographs, then I asked him to sign my copy of Powerslam with him on the front cover with the following underneath: Jericho: we think Chris has found his niche. Anyway, Jericho flicks through the mag before signing, scouring for the article on him, which would have been a good year or more old and was infact an article which basically said that Jericho was no main eventer but a solid comedy midcard worker who should be used to elevate talent, so I'm standing there shitting myself expecting him to tear the mag up and refuse to sign it, but instead he goes: 'I don't suppose I could have this please? I dont have this one!' I couldn't give it to him as i had nothing else to sign but he signed it, shook my hand and told me he was going to 'ebay' it! Top bloke!

i called Matt Bellamey (Muse) a cunt becasue he got Andrew W.K. kicked out of the signing tent at Leeds 2002, because he had over-run by 2 minutes

:laugh:

I was there and i remember hearing someone shout "CUNT" really loud. Was that you?

I was arguing with loads of Muse fans that day because they wouldn't move to let anyone through to meet Andrew W.K. Fucking TWATS! :angry:

it probably was me that you heard. It really fucked me off becasue i was two places away from meeting Andrew W.K.. Luckily for me and everyone else who wanted to meet him, he went around the side of the tent and carried o meeting and signing stuff for people for about another 40 minutes or so.

I've met Andrew W.K. twice more after that day. The second time was when he played Nottingham Rock City in September of 2003. The band got their early and Andrew was flying in from a promotional tour off Japan. I got to hang out with Donald Tardy (Obituary/ Andrew W.K. 's Drummer) for mos of the afternoon, and he was super cool to talk to. He told me about the plans of the Obituary reunion, which had only been talked about between him and his brother at that point (they later made the 'Frozen In Time' album)

Oh, also met Claire Sweeney. I've always had a bit of a crush on her (feel free to make fun) and didn't really realise how big her face was until I met her in person.

I've also met a bunch of wrestlers who were all pretty cool, especially Kurt Angle who was an absolute gent.

• Paid Members

I've met quite a few famous folk, mostly bands and a couple of wrestlers too. 3 stories particularly leap to mind

First was David Vincent and Trey Azagthoth from Morbid Angel. After the show, a group of us were hanging out by the bus and both guys spent about an hour chatting to anybody and signing autographs and telling stories. Admirable for a band of such high standing at the best of times, but being Scotland it was pouring with rain. I specifically remember Dave telling everyone "If I'm missing anybody out don't be afraid to say." I got my booklet from "Altars of Madness" signed which was awesome. I spoke to Trey more than Vincent though and he was a great guy, incredibly down-to-earth. It was pretty fucking cool hearing stories about Chuck Schuldiner from members of one of the biggest death metal bands in the world.

A couple of months ago I attended a Cannibal Corpse gig, who for some unknown reason were supporting Children of Bodom. I got up the front during Corpse's set and went absolutely nuts and then retired to the bar before Boredom came on. I then ran into my mate who told me that Corpsegrinder was at the merch stand meeting anybody and everybody, so I legged it over there and got to meet the man himself :) I really didn't get to talk to him very long cause Bodom started playing shortly afterwards but he was a top guy. It was pretty fucking commendable for the singer of the biggest death metal band in the world to be hanging out meeting fans like that. Looking forward to seeing the mighty Corpse on Halloween with a proper line up (Dying Fetus supporting makes me a happy camper)

One of my favourite stories was when my ex girlfriend and I went to an Exodus show. We were front row and going nuts and afterwards, a roadie comes up to us and says Rob Dukes wants to meet us! Now most likely it's because he saw my ex (who is smoking hot for the record) and decided he wanted to have a go at her. But we both go into the Exodus dressing room and the whole band are cool as fuck, giving us free beers and such and answering questions and joking around. Even got my copy of Bonded By Blood signed :)

I can't really think offhand of anyone famous I've met who was a bit cunty.

My mate Dan saw Matthew Holness who plays Garth Marenghi (Darkplace) in Norwich. He saw him walking towards him but said he didn't look in the best of moods, so he didn't ask for an autograph. He said he could imagine asking for an autograph only to be told to "Move aside!"

Met lots, more than usual its by accident rather than design, will probs forget lots....

Alan Davies, Stephen Fry, Mark Addy, Rio Ferdinand, Craig Bellamy, Kieron Dyer, Danny Dichio, Don Hutchison, Jason McAteer (who was out of it, and not beer), Jan Molby (very, very nice man), Alan Shearer (cunt), Sam Allerdyce, Les Ferdinand (really nice guy), Charlie Hunham (went to school with him, he was a twat back then), Henry Kelly, Alan "Karl Kennedy" Flecther, Joe Scully (well the guy who played him, was a massive arse), the Chuckle Brothers (who were awesome).

Wrestlers wise (I'll forget loads of these no doubt): Raven (:)), Sandman, Austin Aries, DLo Brown, Honky Tonk Man, Shark Boy, Bret Hart, Tatanka, Bushwakers, Chyna, Marty Jannetty, Cody Rhodes, Kelly Kelly, Jake Roberts, Heidenreich, Michael Cole, Jim Duggan, Aj Styles, CM Punk, Mick Foley .....plus plenty more...

Edited by Daniel Fitch

• Paid Members

Nice:

Rik Mayall

Glassjaw

Aqualung

Frankie from The Darkness

Alan Shearer

Bobby Robson

Vic Faulkner

Peter Beardsley

Fab Flournoy

Steve thingy, the guy who did Meat Loaf on Stars In Their Eyes.

PAC

Arsehole:

Robert Lee

Justin from The Darkness

• Paid Members
Nice:

Glassjaw

Met them at a signing for their first album. Two of them were really nice and suggested I sneak in to their sold-out gig that night (supporting Soulfly), but Daryl Palumbo was pre-occupied with chatting to one of his bandmates. Didn't say anything to me or even make eye contact. "Meet and greet" my arse.