Have you ever met anyone famous?

I met Carl Barat of The Libertines and Dirty Pretty Things in the pissing down rain a couple of years ago. I was pretty overwhelmed as The Libertines were the one band for me around the age of 14-15. He was a decent bloke and I saw him on the street of the venue I was seeing DPT later that day (Manc, Oxford Road) so I asked him some silly things about the set and tour.

carl.jpg

I met Jarvis Cocker at last years Greenman festival. He was a nice guy and gave me, my girlfriend and couple of friends the time of day as he was being shown to wear he would be staying before his set. It was pretty weird talking to a guy that my grandparents knew thanks to his mid 90's Brit Award highjinks!

jarvis.jpg

And just for laughs, me and my mate met Doug Williams after the Manchester show at a cash machine in January. He was a laugh and I was pretty pissed at this point so we probably were a right pain in the arse to be around for a few minutes. It was really weird seeing a wrestler in person who had been competing in a table match with The Dudleys 30 minutes earlier, crazy....

dougwilliams.jpg

Edited by thesimonbegz