New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members
This guy wouldbe genius and i bet he couldfix the chameleon circuit

James_May.jpg

YES!

or...

779_jeremy_kyle_342x262.jpg

"OI, LISTEN YOU. I'M THE DOCTOR HERE, NOT YOU, NOW GET OFF MY TARDIS AND SIT DOWN!"

i heard it was some guy called Cage Tyler

well i heard it FROM Cage Tyler

dont know if that holds much water though

You'd be shocked that some people actually believed that (along with emails congratulating me) considering it was the result of a rant on another forum and I've always made a point that I rarely post anything serious on there :laugh:

I'm hoping for a surprise - someone relatively unknown with stage experience. It would be better if it's not someone younger but equal or older to Tennant. Patick Stewart would be a great addition to the cast and has a good background behind him, but in the SF world he may be too big for the part and despite recently being voted one of the sexiest over 50's on the world... isn't quite the heat throb the BBC may want to follow Tennant.

A few people have talked to have told me it's definitely Robert Carlyle, they're absolutely positively 100% sure. Shame he's doing Stargate Universe and those same people said the same thing in the last series regeneration cliffhanger :/

As for Robert Webb - I wouldn't mind him in the role for some reason, though I could imagine David Mitchell in there for some bizarre reason.

Edited by Evolution

If they were to bring an actor back as the doctor i would like to see Anthony Head as the Doc.

Patrick Stewart would be good if they went down the dark route that Moffatt wants.

Despite that i still think it will be a woman.

The one thing we know for certain is that it will not be a woman, because David Tennant describes the new doctor as 'This chap'.

Onegalifrey one its got the follwing posted

Piers Wenger is quoted as saying: "We believe the actor is going to bring something very special to the role and will make it absolutely their own. I just can't wait to tell everyone who it is - it has been a nail-biting Christmas trying to keep this under wraps!"

The release from the BBC Press Office confirms that the Confidential episode has been retitled "The Eleventh Doctor" (it was formerly advertised as "The Ten Doctors"), and will feature the actor concerned giving his or her thoughts on having been cast.

Its worth noiting that none of the references are gender specific which is why wouldn't rule out a female Dr.

Yes, but in the advert on TV David Tennant (obviously talking about a specific person) refers to them as 'this chap'. It is definately a bloke.

What I love is that past Doctors are treated like former Presidents of the United States. Like how former presidents get daily briefings from the Secret Service and the Military, you just know that before anyone else is told, someone is on the phone to Sylvester McCoy to get him in the loop first.

Anyway, it's got to be someone different from Tennant. Just like every other Doctor in the past, they have to be different from their predecessor for it to work. Look at the difference between Davision and both Bakers, and Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee. So my hope would be for an older guy.

Having just finished watching the brilliant season 4 on dvd (great xmas present cheers mum) I think following Tennant is gonna be extremely difficult for whoever is cast. Tennant has become the Doctor Who of this generation and I actually think the show is gonna sufer greatly when Moffat takes over, he's a great writer but he will have a new doctor and a new companion to work with, which will take some getting used to.

Now on to it being a woman, simply put NO, no way, it dosn't make sense there are Time Lords such as the Doctor and The Master and Time Ladys such as The Rani and Romana so it dosn't make sense for him to regenerate into a woman, sure I know its been done in audio books and what not but they're not offically canon so lets not go down that route. The Doctor has to stay male and call me sexist but some things shouldn't be messed with like that, The Doctor like James Bond has to stay male and if they announce a woman I will boycott

Now on to him being black or any race other than white, again its something thats up for debate most people seem to be supportive of Patterson Joseph getting the role but lets look at this from a realistic perspective and say does it make sense that a character who has been white since its conception should now be black? Is it possible for a white Timelord to regenerate into a black timelord? You'd have to say no, but in todays PC world and with the BBC having a ridiculous policy of casting all roles colourblind its just gonna happen for the wrong reasons here isn't it? They will do it simply because they want to make a point and no doubt everyone will jump on the defence being that he was the best man for the job but I can't help but think its wrong and it will be done to be PC.

Either way I guess I know what I'll be watching tommorow evening, personally I'd like to see a return to an older Doctor more in line with the first three but thats not going to happen is it.

• Paid Members
Ever thought Tennant could be throwing people of the scent by specifically saying This Chap?

And Duane, the correct term nowadays is Actor, for both male and female.

Actress isn't used anymore? How odd.

Ever thought Tennant could be throwing people of the scent by specifically saying This Chap?

And Duane, the correct term nowadays is Actor, for both male and female.

Actress isn't used anymore? How odd.

Neither is Waitress. It's Wait-person now.

:(