What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

The last Sons of Anarchy I watched, a truly-gross looking man who I can barely bring myself to look at whenever he's onscreen, said, as chummy goodbye to a man and woman "Now get outta here, before I rape the both of ya."

tig-soa.jpg

He looks (and behaves) like a medieval alchemist put some pubes in a petri dish and gave them life.

Also, same episode, they were stealing bodies from a morgue, and this nobber was groping one of them, going on and on about how great sex with corpses was. I'm assuming it was the writer's 14th birthday, and he decided to treat himself by being really outrageous. Oh mate.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Judge Dredd: Mega City One TV Series coming soon:

British comic book icon Judge Dredd is to star in his own TV show.

Rebellion, which prints the character's stories in 2000 AD, is teaming up with studio IM Global to produce the "big-budget" series.

It is the first time the futuristic lawman's on-screen escapades are being overseen by the Oxford-based publisher.

Rebellion said development of the project, titled Judge Dredd: Mega-City One, has begun, with the cast to be announced at a later date.

The programme will be filmed in the UK, a spokesman said.

'Seminal sci-fi property'

Jason and Chris Kingsley, the owners of Rebellion, said: "We're very excited to be beginning the journey to get more of Judge Dredd's Mega-City One on the television screen. 

"Thanks to the legions of fans who have kept up pressure on social media, and a lot of background work and enthusiasm, we aim to make a big budget production that will satisfy both our vast comics audience and the even greater general screen-watching public."

Judge Dredd patrols an over-populated metropolis in the 22nd Century, where he has the powers of a judge, jury and executioner.

Created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra in 1977, his satirical stories took inspiration from hard-edged cop movies and the punk movement.

He has previously been portrayed in films by Sylvester Stallone in 1995 and Karl Urban in 2012.

Mark Stern, executive producer on the show, previously worked for the Syfy channel on Battlestar Galactica.

He described Dredd as "one of those seminal sci-fi properties that seems to only become and more relevant with age". 

He added: "Not only is it a rich world with biting social commentary, but it's also fun as hell.

"As a fan of the comics and both films, it's a dream come true to be able to work with Jason and Chris in adapting this for television."

IM Global's previous productions include the Oscar-winning Hacksaw Ridge and Martin Scorsese's Silence.

Judge Dredd poster

• Paid Members

I've started Line of Duty. Is the the first series the worst of them all?

I ask because my eyes may not take the constant rolling that seems to be happening.

It's the little things so far, but mainly Arnott would have been stuck behind a custody desk for a few years not given a detectives course and a cushy number based on his statement.

Does it get better?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I've started Line of Duty. Is the the first series the worst of them all?

I ask because my eyes may not take the constant rolling that seems to be happening.

It's the little things so far, but mainly Arnott would have been stuck behind a custody desk for a few years not given a detectives course and a cushy number based on his statement.

Does it get better?

What type of things do you normally watch? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

All good drama really.

Folks have been waxing lyrical about Line of Duty, just wondered if the first series is the weakest of the whole show.

I enjoyed them all so far, but the stories inter wind through each series. I wouldn't say I find any of them weak, but at the same time I think they do get better, but if you are not enjoying the first, who can say

Edited by Nick Soapdish
grammar

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

All good drama really.

Folks have been waxing lyrical about Line of Duty, just wondered if the first series is the weakest of the whole show.

Yeah but you were always going to be critical of it. being five-o yourself, weren't you? Not a knock on you at all, but that's just natural if you are involved with the subject matter of the show. I would imagine I would scoff at a drama set within the property management industry (SMELL THE RATINGS). It's like when techies slate Hackers for being factually incorrect, which is a fucking superb film.

Edited by PunkStep