What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Anyone watch Dirk Gently? It's not too bad. There's some poor acting in it but it's alright. I'm 6 episodes in and it's giving me enough that I want to keep watching to see what happens. However, there is a lot of loose threads so if the payoff is no good it will retrospectively make the whole thing have been a pile of shit.

I realise this doesn't make a huge amount of sense of you haven't seen it but the premise kinda has this convenient deus ex machina built in. So it could end up not making any sense but I won't know until it finishes.

I've also been watching Atlanta which is fantastic. I find Donald Glover annoying but the guy makes good tv!

Really enjoyed Atlanta. Some of the episodes are really bizarre and off the wall but thought it was hilarious throughout. 

Tonight's Graham Norton was entertaining. Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart, later joined by another familiar face (presented as a surprise so I won't spoil it), and it was just one of those shows where the guests' fondness for each other radiates off the screen and everyone has a great time. They sold me on the Logan movie, too.

Catch it on iPlayer if you're a fan in any way.

• Paid Members

What should I start next?

Community

Always Sunny

The Office (US)

The Man In The High Castle

If I were you I'd watch the first series of Community then never watch all the terrible subsequent series. After that watch It's always sunny in Philadelphia which is pretty funny for the most part with some exceptional stuff dotted about.

• Paid Members

Community

Always Sunny

The Office (US)

If I were you I'd watch the first series of Community then never watch all the terrible subsequent series. After that watch It's always sunny in Philadelphia which is pretty funny for the most part with some exceptional stuff dotted about.
season 2 is still worthwhile. 3 is the beginning of the decline and a handful of episodes spread out are good

• Awards Moderator

Community

Always Sunny

The Office (US)

Community season 1 and 2 are very good.

I could never get into Always Sunny, and it annoys me how much I don't get it considering how adored it is.

US Office is great for 3 or 4 seasons (bail when Carrell does).

Currently watching High Castle. It's nothing like I expected... I can't say I'm loving it but I am intrigued where it's going.

• Moderators

If you're thinking of watching Community on Netflix, it's coming off at the end of the month, as I found out last week when deciding to watch it from the beginning, and consequently having to get through more episodes than is healthy every night.

I gave up on Man in the High Castle after the first episode of S2. The pilot is such an intriguing concept, but from thereon out, I found it increasingly tedious. The super exciting plot point in the last few minutes of the pilot isn't returned to at all for the entire first season.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

That's a shame, I was going to give that a go at some point. Still, apparently BBC have a drama series soon that sounds quite similar.

Edit: it seems it has already started: SS GB it's called

Edited by PunkStep

• Awards Moderator

It's... less about the Nazis running the gaff than I thought. More about tensions between Japanese & Germans, with some shady Allo Allo type resistance going on. But I struggle with a series when I don't know the end game. Like, where is it leading to? I don't really know what any of the characters are trying to achieve long-term.