What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

30 seconds into her act she's doing an impression of her Nigerian mother. No joke. 

That's her in a nutshell.

Is the last season of Dexter worth watching? I gave up during 7 but it popped up on Netflix and I'm contemplating giving it a go again.

Watched first two episodes of Westworld last night. Thought it was decent enough, but nothing ground breaking. Even Rachel Wood is lovely though, and Ed Harris is a good bad guy.

Was surprised to see the McPoyle brother in episode 2, but then remembered he was that shit hacker in House of Cards so has form in turning up in unexpected places.

• Paid Members

It's funny watching David scrutinize the guests. It's amazing how funny Lee is on WILTY but when you throw him into a sitcom like Not Going Out he's fucking terrible. I don't get why the BBC recommissions that shite every year or at least make a Xmas special.

I've always liked the team of Jimmy, Sean and Jon on Cats too. 

I honestly love Not Going Out. I don't mind some panel shows, WILTY, QI (though its gone a bit downhill), MTW and Taskmaster (if you count it).

• Paid Members

Not Going Out wasn't as good after Tim Vine left and Katy Wix got a more prominent role but still a reasonable watch. The first couple of series are great. It's barely a sitcom, more a group of actors teeing up gags for Lee Mack but I like it. The last series was better as bringing in Hugh Dennis filled a bit of the hole left by Tim Vine.

Is the last season of Dexter worth watching? I gave up during 7 but it popped up on Netflix and I'm contemplating giving it a go again.

Dexter's ending is certainly in my top 5 worst endings ever, so I'd probably say no. I don't remember finding the season itself that bad - though not exactly one of the best - but yeah, the last episode itself really fucked me off.

• Moderators

What's everyone make of Luke Cage? It seems to have way, way less chatter about it than Daredevil or Jessica Jones did. Maybe people are burned out, being that there's 40 hours viewing between the aforementioned already. I'm a couple of episodes in, so it's hard to tell. Seems watchable enough, and hopefully not as dull as Jessica Jones, but it's way less blaxploitation than I'd hoped from early talk. Also, I was already bored of night-time NY as a setting before Daredevil came out.