What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Switched over to Midsomer Murders and noticed Rik Mayall (yeah) then Rik Mayall gets bumped off within 10 minutes (boo) switches off Midsomer Murders.

I don't like Midsomer Murders but I would've sat through it just because Rik was in it.  That Nettles always comes across like a right surly twat.

I'm a bit late with my annual wank over The Americans, I've downloaded the whole of season 4 and god it's just as good if not better than before. There's a scene played out to Tainted Love by Soft Cell which is just amazing, they get little cultural references of the time so right.

• Awards Moderator

Unless it's buried in an obscure thread I've missed there's no Glastonbury chatter this year?

I think it was absolutely cracking. Bastille were on form, New Order were brill, Madness were Madness... Foals, Chvrches, Beck, Gregory Porter all great. I strongly recommend Fat Boy Slim as well, a jaw-dropping 80 min set which had the crowd bouncing non-stop. Headline acts also delivered with Muse as overblown as ever, Adele wowing with her "cheeky banter" and ability to command a crowd, while Coldplay showed everyone how to finish a show. That Viola Beach tribute in particular was just wonderful.

A vintage year.

Every time I turned over it was an old act. Madness, Squeeze, ELO. Others such as Fatboy Slim, New Order and St. Etienne which were on when I turned over are old even if they may be more relevant.

Fatboy Slim looked good from the little I saw of him. I need to go see him sometime.

The headline acts don't appeal to me as they seem so targetted towards a middle-aged audience. They're not cutting edge. Coldplay are shite too.

• Awards Moderator

The headline acts don't appeal to me as they seem so targetted towards a middle-aged audience. They're not cutting edge. Coldplay are shite too.

I'm nearly middle-aged so I thought it was great :thumbsup:

Like Chris Martin said when I paid money to see them at Wembley last week, "Sorry for all the shit you have to put up with for being a fan of Coldplay" :laugh:

• Paid Members

I watched a song by Mercury Rev on the tv coverage. The song was good, but the singer looks like such a cunt it was difficult to enjoy.

thats how i feel about the 1975.

Was very impressed by both Adele and Coldplay, and I feel they topped their last headline slot. I loved seeing Squeeze. Most of the sets are on iplayer so will checkout Fatboy Slim

Just back from Glasto, took 14 hours to get in there by coach (from Coventry). The mud was a nightmare and did ruin it a bit. Watched Billy Bragg on the Friday, he was in tears over the EU ref, made me well up a bit. I'm not sure how LCD Soundsystem looked on the telly, but it has to be the best set I've ever seen.

• Paid Members

Just finished Seinfeld (again) all the way through. Still the funniest show ever for me. Going to bang through Curb now, as I only ever saw Series 1&2 and couple of episodes of the last series.

New series of Curb has been commissioned. I'll never get tired of seeing Larry David go ape shit.

I'm still trying to get hold of season 7 and 8 online somewhere. Damn Sky Atlantic only show up to 6.

Catching up with Glastonbury on iPlayer. Couple of thoughts so far. Nathaniel Rateliff was as impressive as I was expecting him to be. And I don't know her name but I'm in love with the middle one of Ronnie Spectors backing singers.