What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• 3 weeks later...

Outside of some dodgy CG, the first episode of Ash vs Evil Dead is just PERFECT.

Infuckingdeed! Is Raimi involved through out? If they can stay close to that level for the series then it'll be unbelievable. I was surprised how well they managed the scares as well, I knew the humour would be spot on but that scene in the house was creepy as fuck.

Ash vs Evil Dead was fucking brilliant, well worth the hype and I love how despite all the events of the films, Ash not only still has possession of the Necronomicon Ex Mortis but 

causes the dead to rise again by getting stoned with his date and reciting the text of the book

Looks weird. Nothing like the comic book at all. It might be a good show but judging by the trailer it doesn't seem to have captured the spirit of the books.

The second I saw Dominic Cooper's name attached alert signals started as even the mere mention of him is usually associated with shit

Agent Carter was great, and he was pretty good as well to be fair

Looks weird. Nothing like the comic book at all. It might be a good show but judging by the trailer it doesn't seem to have captured the spirit of the books.

It's very difficult to tell from all the quick cuts in that trailer to judge if it's captured the spirit or not. I'm not too fussed about if they make everyone look like they did in the comic, because the fashion in it is from 20 years ago. A big part of the comic was the characters and some of the severely fucked up situations which, they won't be able to get away. I am hoping it's good and I have been following the production for a while now, so i am tentatively excited for it.

The comic is my favourite thing ever and while I'll appreciate a bit of fanwank service, I'd rather the show be different but as good. I can't tell at all from the trailer, it seems like they're playing the cards close to the chest there. Whatever happens, it can't be as bad as The Walking Dead, surely.

• Paid Members

Peep Show's final ever series starts next Wednesday. What are we expecting from it? Personally I hope no Dobby. Perhaps she'd drowned in a big lake before the start of the first episode.

I've no doubt that'll be as consistently excellent as the previous series. Peep Show has bucked the trend for British sitcoms given that's it's been written by the same people from the start & it'll have run for 9 series. American shows tend to have longer runs as they use a team of writers. Hats off to Jesse Armstrong & Sam Bain.

Bottom is still king but Peep Show runs a close second. Can't fucking wait.